Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MykeW EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/23/04 11:39 PM
OK guys, I thought I'd have a bit of fun trying my hand at a poll and since this came up in another forum (thanks Tom and Mark previously ) and I myself have wondered if it would bother others... I thought hey lets have a poll.

So the question is: Should I keep the EP500 animation in the signature?

I have been playing with macromedia fireworks and this was just one of my little trial projects. I will admit I'm an unabashed proud EP500 Axiom owner, however, if it does bother others then I'm easy enough going to remove it! I have never meant it to taunt or mock others or to imply that its superiour to anything anyone else owns. So what will it be Yeh or Neh?

Cheers, Jag

Posted By: Ajax Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/23/04 11:47 PM
I have no complaint with the 500, or that it moves. I just have a thing about GIFs with frenetic movement. You'll notice that my avatar has the handle and platter turning slowly, without attacking your senses. If you could slow down the motion and make it less "active," I'd like it very much.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/23/04 11:53 PM
I'm with Jack on the sensory attack thing. On the other hand, I find that it ... excites me....somehow. Nice job on creating it though.
Posted By: curtis Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/23/04 11:53 PM
I'm with Jack....less activity would be the best.
Posted By: bridgman Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 12:01 AM
Keep the GIF, send the EP500 to the first name on the list.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 12:07 AM
I love the avatar, but agree there's too much movement. How about the woofer moves, but the body of the unit stays still? I think that would help quite a bit. (and be a bit more realistic )
Posted By: bray Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 12:21 AM
I would rather it play fewer notes as well. Very cool though.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 12:23 AM
It just makes me more jealous of those that own one, well if I can't at least some people can...:)
Posted By: Wid Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 12:25 AM

I think it's pretty cool,I like it.
Posted By: MykeW Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 03:11 AM
Thanks for the input folks, pro & con.

I totally agree there's just way too much movement and I think it probably would be quite irritating if I had a bunch of posts in one thread.

My intention was to have it up for only a few days anyways. I'm new to all this forum stuff and simply having some fun playing around...

I'm just a scientist and a true hack at this animation thing. I did initially want to try a whole Axiom system but couldn't figure out how to get all the drivers animated properly togethor. So I went to the sub (the only Axiom speaker I currently own) and tried my hand at that. This is what I ended up with. Infact, I tried figuring out how to adjust the timing and fixing the movement of the cabinet, but to no avail. In the end I gave up and decided to be happy with what I had managed so far...

I have little time to play like this but if I get a full system animated I'll put that up too, for a day or so.

Thanks all for the constructive input!

Cheers, Jag

Posted By: Ray3 Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 03:21 AM
Once you get done tweaking, that would make a nice avatar.
Posted By: MykeW Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 03:24 AM
Thanks Ray I'll keep at it....

Cheers, jag
Posted By: Ajax Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 04:48 AM
Michael, I want to make it prefectly clear that if you keep using the 500, and leave it exactly the way it is, I will NOT be disappointed or offended in the least. It's not THAT bad. I was just passing along what I prefer. I admire the skill it took to construct it. I'm just barely getting by creating icons, let alone something that moves. YIPES!
Posted By: MykeW Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 04:58 AM
Thanks Ajax, perfectly clear!

I am in total agreement though with what you and the others are suggesting. I wasn't completely happy with it either but hit a "wall" in figuring out how to improve it.

When I get more time to play I"ll try a whole Axiom system with improved movement.

Thanks very much again, Jag
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 06:12 AM
Jeeeeeez. Make it how YOU want it and leave it at that! If you want it big, so be it. If you want the dam thing to bounce from left to right, so be it. Whatever works for you is all that matters! :-)
Posted By: Lexxen Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 07:39 AM
anyone that does not like it can get firefox and nuke the image from their screen forever! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 09:25 AM
Yeah...but to do that, you've got to be able to think in Russian.

heheheheehe...

Posted By: Lexxen Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 02:39 PM
either that or have drank a LOT of vodka
I've just come back in from Christmas shopping so please cut me some slack as I'm feeling rather grumpy .

I don't like any pictures or animations in signature lines, they make the forum look like a comic book for 6 year olds or perhaps 18 year old ricers. Actually most signature lines are a complete waste of space as well.

Having said that, I think that it would make a great avatar. While I'm in my "rant" mode I'd just like to add that regarding movement, subtle is best. In fact I'll give Jack a 100 out of 100!

Now let me get back to wrapping your gifts.
Posted By: Huffer Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 05:10 PM
I agree with Ford 100%.

If you've ever been to a forum and have to work to find the dialog between the massive amounts of signature line images, pictures and text you know what I mean.

I refuse to go to those types of forums.
Posted By: James_T Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 06:30 PM
Ok Mitchell Gant....
Posted By: Ajax Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 08:41 PM
You can't give 100 out of 100, Wayne. I've got an avatar that moves and I've got pictures in my signature line.

And yes, you are GRUMPY! However, as you've just returned from shopping, which can drive anyone to a homicidal state, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, you are hastily, and most enthusiastically, forgiven.
Jack I don't mind animation, in fact I like it but I don't like the ones that are "overdone". My dad was a Browns fan, in fact I have his Brown's beer mug on the bookshelf behind me. Sooooooo your siggy still gets 100. I just like the cleam uncluttered look. To each his own.

...at least I didn't go on and on about oversized photos .

Posted By: Ray3 Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 09:01 PM
By the way, where did Mitchell Gant eventually land?
Posted By: MykeW Re: EP500 Animation keep it or toss it... - 11/24/04 09:12 PM
I believe he was shot down and landed in some lake in Finland...

The plane was eventually recovered by the British secret service.

Jag
© Axiom Message Boards