Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tannoy subs - 04/11/02 08:13 AM
I would purchase a 'true-sub' from axiom, if they made one. When, if ever will Axiom design a real sub? I want a sub that can go down low, below 20hz. Any such plans for such a sub? I am not after an enginering marvel, from axiom, nothing like that small black cube by sunfire. I want a big sub 15"or + woofer(s). If Axiom can produce a sub that can perform even close to a 18" velodyne, or sunfire, for less$ . I will be first in line! Any plans for such a sub? I am serious. I will by the test models. One of a kind concept models. Throw me a bone man!
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: subs - 04/11/02 12:41 PM
tannoy,

I agree that their subs look on the weak side compared to other ones. I have the EP125 (their smallest model), and, no, it does not go super deep. It is, however, one of the fastest, most musical subs I've heard for the price I paid (490 CAD). It's not the least bit boomy or slow.

I would, however, like them to combine these traits with a sub that can hit it out below 20hz, to really make my pants shake when listening to it. I was also disappointed that the Line Level In does not have gold plated RCA jacks. Perhaps these are two suggestions that should be incorporated in their next design!
© Axiom Message Boards