Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 08:07 PM
mhorgel and bigwill! Where are these two missing persons? I miss them both (even if they ARE conservatives ). It sticks in my mind that BigWill mentioned something about being absent for awhile, but I can't be sure that is the case. Of course, I'm not even sure of the last time I hit the head , and that's REALLY embarrassing, because I'm in there about every 5 minutes. NO CRACKS! But, Doc Orgel just kinda dematerialized. Anybody know anything?

We know that Chess is angry with us (me, at least), and I guess Bren got tired of us again. Oh Well!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 08:45 PM
bigwill posted in the beer thread last tuesday, but i dont remember him mentioning anything about going away for a while?

but, i have also noticed the absence of chessaroo and the Doc.. ? bren also for that matter. i think bren got that new big-wig audio job at the arena that he worked at, and i think he mentioned that would take up a lot of his time. i hope business is booming for him.

i didnt realize chessaroo was mad? did someone start talkin bout tube amps again??

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 08:57 PM
Chess has departed the scene entirely. My personal opinion is that he was losing his temper too much (as I was a few months back) and needed to cool off.

Haven't seen the other 3 around lately.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 09:21 PM
That's too bad about Chesseroo as he was always nice and helpful to me from the beginning, even before I bought my Axioms. So was BBIBH (I think that's it) What happened to him (BBIBH)?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 09:31 PM
Possibly they are visiting Sushi. Or even Judge Crater.
Posted By: Huffer Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 09:49 PM
If Bren has been spending time working at the MTS Centre I would say to him, "Good Job!"

I went to the first concert there the other week, The Tragically Hip if anyone knows them, and the sound was excellent. Our old Arena was terrible, the new one is great.

Great work Bren! (Now could you just improve the bathroom situation?)
Posted By: LT61 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 09:53 PM
Hello Jack.
They are likely just busy with the holidays and all................They'll be back.

LT
Posted By: dmn23 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 10:26 PM
Wow, I'm jealous! I'd love to see The Tragically Hip. I knew nothing about them until I saw their performance on SNL. The only CD I have is "Fully Completely" but there's not a bad song on there.
Posted By: curtis Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 11:12 PM
Not that I don't like all of you other folks...but I miss sushi's posts.
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 11:46 PM
Fox, BBIBH is still here and posts relatively often. He, like you, is an old timer (as an Axiomite, not in age ). Chess has been a strong contributor here and has much to offer us all. But, he seemed to be angry with, and sarcastically insulting to, those who didn't live up to his expectations. For example, he would petulantly object to a newbie that asked a question that had been recently asked.

"I'm having deja vu here.
SVS vs. EP350?
Didn't i just post on this a couple of times this week?
Is this really another thread on it?
We are still in the months
(sic) of September no?

I found that post unnecessarily sarcastic, and probably offensive to a newbie who had come here simply to ask for a little help. I, and others, stated as much, he criticized back, and he hasn't been seen since.

It is only my opinion, but I feel he outgrew the forum. He just couldn't seem, without getting into arguments, to put up with those of us who aren't as knowledgeable as he, don't agree with him about many issues, and don't live up to his expectations of what, and how, to post.

I'm very sorry it worked out that way because he has so much he could offer here.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Missing Persons - 11/30/04 11:50 PM
Right with you, there. I wish he would come back.
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 12:09 AM
I came here just as Sushi bowed out. I REALLY wish he'd return! Everyone here speaks so highly of him.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 12:29 AM
I pray nightly for the second coming of sushi.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 12:31 AM
I check in almost every day, even though I don't feel like I have enough to offer in most cases. Everyone has always been very kind and gracious to me, and the casual nature of this forum keeps me coming back. It is, thanks to those of you that continue to participate, still enjoyable for me. I learn here. I do not have time to establish many internet "homes", and this remains the one I choose.

I miss Sushi, too. And chesseroo, when so inclined, conveyed his knowledge and experience in an exceedingly clever way. I continue to deeply value the relationships I have with so many of you. Though we've never met, I consider bigwill a friend, and I would certainly not hesitate to look up Doc Orgel if I am ever lucky enough to be in Kentucky. 2x6spds remains a mentor on tubes and autos. I eagerly anticipate the day when I force Ray to drag me around the golf course. Jack has given me, god help me, a sincere desire to go to Cleveland. Between sidvicious, bren and neverhappy, I now have friends in the Canadian heartland. Having visited Texas several times, I yearn to return to the Republic and share a beer with bigjohn, bray and whatfurrer. I know that capn_pickard and I would hit it off, perhaps at the Old Ebbitt Grill next time I'm in the District. I am certain that, someday, Peter, Ken, Adam and I will share a pint at the Toronado. For those many others who I admire and respect but have neglected, please know that your contributions to the fabric of this community are appreciated, and that I remain grateful for my extended Axiom family. When you're near Seattle, give a holler.

ps - I've seen The Hip three times, including at a smallish bar on the Road Apples tour about ten years ago. They Rock. Fully, Completely, indeed.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 12:43 AM
Speaking of The Toronado, they're having a barleywine festival Feb. 19 - 26. Is that reason enough to drag the family south?

(Sorry! Just pretend you're all in the beer thread. )
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 12:57 AM
Tom - eloquently put, as always.

Except for the part about wanting to go to Cleveland; NOBODY is buying that one. By the way, I am equally as happy to drag you around the 19th hole rather than the golf course
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 01:00 AM
Ray's great, but don't let him show you the 20th hole.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 01:13 AM
You SAID you wouldn't mention that!!!!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 01:33 AM
Ray, typically, you've missed the point entirely. The dragging me around the golf course wasn't SUPPOSED to make you happy. And wouldn't. There is nothing more painful to accomplished golfers like yourself than witnessing the awesome power of a truly horrific slice for three hours.

But yes, we'd probably both be happier with libations and music

Peter, I'll check my calendar for February, but I don't think it looks good. Someday, my friend, someday. You guys go and give a full report. I can send you a picture of me to take with you to the bar and you can sportingly mock my absence.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 01:37 AM
In reply to:

Ray, typically, you've missed the point entirely.

ouch...that's too funny. I can just hear Dan A's voice...

"Ray you ignorant slut."

Posted By: lomb7 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 01:52 AM
I sometime wonder if I were to take a break if anyone would notice....What am I thinking, of course you all would.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 04:20 AM
Who are you?

Posted By: mwc Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 05:15 AM
That's too funny!
Posted By: MykeW Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 05:24 AM
Maybe we should send out invitations for an Axiom family forum re-union.

I miss all those nice helpful folks mentioned as well! All of them including those of you still currently here were truly instrumental in me putting togethor my awesome system to come.

Its all you Axiom forum folks past and present that are most often the "first impression of Axiom" any of us prospective buyers get and all of you remarkable folks do a wonderful job at representing a truly remarkable line of speakers. It is this experience that caused me to join in and participate as I almost feel a responsibility to pass on the torche.

To all of you who have moved on and those still helping out a BIG thank you!

Cheers, Jag

Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 06:14 AM
Yeah, whatever.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 06:20 AM
For a second there I thought you said "pass on the porsche"
Posted By: MykeW Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 06:30 AM

Posted By: MykeW Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 06:31 AM
LOL, I'm wishing for MORE than a second that I COULD "pass the porsche"

Cheers, Jag
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 06:50 AM
This post is just an excuse to display my new "in season" avatar.
Posted By: MykeW Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 07:00 AM
Very Festive Color! Santas helper. The little guy looks like he's dressed warm?

I wouldn't think its that cold in Oakland. We canuck's always dream of escaping to sunny CA this time of year. Can't wait for that conference in Hawaii...

Jag
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 07:03 AM
Actually, it IS that cold in Oakland, but that picture was taking in Yakima, Washington. I fear I brought the cold weather south with me.

Good news for skiing, though!
Posted By: MykeW Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 08:15 AM
Ya and boarding. We just a sprinkling of snow here {vancouver) yesterday so I expect we'll beable to get on the slopes soon

Jag
Posted By: mwc Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 02:10 PM
Cute kid! He looks just like you.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 02:17 PM
In reply to:

He looks just like you

dont curse that poor kid like that!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 05:24 PM
Jag,
Yes it is cold in Oakland. I was chatting with my sister in law last night. She lives in Dublin, California which is south-east of Oakland. The temperature was supposed to be getting down to freezing last night! The temps are not much different than Vancouver right now except for the daytime highs. An early spring trip to Hawaii or Mexico is definitely in the plans for next year.....
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 05:49 PM
Shaun, I've got a nephew in Dublin, and a sister in Pleasanton. Boy! Was she whimpering and crying about the cold yesterday. I'm in Cleveland, so she never gets any sympathy from ME. HA!
Posted By: curtis Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 06:18 PM
Hey! I used to teach tennis for the City of Pleasanton......long ago! Nice town!
Posted By: James_T Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 07:31 PM
And neither should she! I live in SF (and it's cold for the bay area, without a doubt).
However, I grew up in Iowa where the temp dropped to -20 on a regular basis and I often saw my breath first thing in the morning inside my own house. 40 degrees and sunny just does not compare.
I smile to myself everytime the news has 'frost' warnings. The first few times I did not get it. I thought they were talking about something else. In my mind it was painfully obvious that there would be frost if the temp dropped below 32degrees. I wondered why they were telling me that there was frost.

jr

Posted By: bigjohn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 07:38 PM
In reply to:

news has 'frost' warnings

i laugh. we had our first 'hard' freeze last night, and the weather guys on TV were acting like it was armaggeddon or something. the guy was leapin' and hollerin', "its gonna be cold in the morning. lock up the dogs, cover your plants, and put some anti-freeze in your car, there is a FREEZE warning"... blah, blah... i walked out the door this morning at 7:20am, and it was about 25F degrees, there was a nice icy frost on the ground, and the sun was just coming over the horizon. it was beautiful. weather guys are such over-actors...

bigjohn
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 08:10 PM
This morning in Winterpeg, -15 celsius with a nice north wind that made if feel like -25 celsius.

Ummm, 40 fahrenheit, where's the sunblock.
Posted By: BigWill Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 08:42 PM
Hey, I know where Big Will has been! Baby, work, Xmas shopping, and my parents were in town for a few weeks.
Not much time for HT - though I have seen Nemo, Ice Age, Bug's Life, Brother Bear, and Monsters Inc quite a few times recently.
I miss mhorgel, too. Always nice to have access to free medical advice.
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 08:45 PM
Nice to see your little guy's face again, big guy!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 09:39 PM
Welcome back BigWill. You could have been watching worse movies than those.

Speaking of bad movies...don't waste your money (or your time) on Alexander. Talk about bad. Worst movie I've seen in quite some time. The worst part is, it's an incredible story, and could have made a great movie.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 10:06 PM
In reply to:

Speaking of bad movies

this looks suspiciously like a thread hijack!!

OK, we rented 'envy' and 'eternal sunshine of a spotless mind' over the holiday weekend. 'envy' is supposed to be a comedy with jack black and ben stiller. it honestly struggles to be funny. jack blacks quirkyness isnt enough to save the film(and he usually is), and stiller plays the usual goody two shoes, whos world collapses around him. not worth the rental, in my opinion.

now, i would need about 4 paragraphs to try and properly explain the 'spotless mind' movie. jim carrey plays a compulsive geek, who has a relationship with kate winslet. i cant really say much more cause it would kinda give away the movie, but rest assured, if 10 of us watched it, we would have 10 different views on what happened. the movie skips a fine line between reality, dreams, imagination, and hallucination to weave a confused tale of love, pain, and new beginnings. it is not your typical hollywood feel good movie, not even close. i cant really say if it was good or bad, but i can say it will either completely intrigue you, or totally bore and confuse you. i give it two thumbs sideways?

bigjohn
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 10:43 PM
I really enjoyed Spotless Mind. It certainly wasn't your typical "Hollywood" movie, and Jim Carrey was actually believable in a "straight/serious" role. It's certainly not fast paced or exciting, but it does make you think about what it is that makes a relationship work/not work. Good stuff.

Yes...this thread has been officially hijacked.

Posted By: bray Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 10:45 PM
"eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"
I LOVED IT.
Rented it just because it was in DTS. I cant even tell you what the sound track was like though.
Posted By: Wid Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/01/04 11:13 PM
It was 25 degrees here this morning (northeren IL.) with a wind chill of 15.I work outside and it was a tad bit chilly.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 12:02 AM
Jack,
I have heard about the weather in Cleveland, but never experienced it. I worked on a project over in Northern Ohio (Tiffin) back in 1999. I left on Thanksgiving just as the weather was changing. Man was it bitter cold! BTW, have you ever visited the famous 'Put-in-Bay'? I spent a few Saturdays there during the summer months taking in the sights and tasting many beers etc.
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 12:25 AM
I am still around, and as Ajax mentioned, chime in when I feel the need.

Basically I just tire of the direction most posts head, and read threads that might be of interest. I agree that several people take this far too seriously. I resist posting simply to avoid the responses that are condescending, and add little to the thread but another notch in their posts.

Anyway, I thank you for the compliment and always answer PM's
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 12:52 AM
Have I ever visited Put-in-Bay? (insert wicked laugh here). I was a musician. I've played at clubs there so many times, I can't remember. A VERY wild place.

Yeah, the weather is NOT one of Cleveland's strong points. We usually have very nice springs and falls, but our winters can really be stinky. They're usually either chilly and wet (temps in the upper 30s with rain), or freezing cold with a ton of snow. And, our summers can be hot and dry. Although, Over the past 5 years, we've had some very nice, cool and comfortable summers, and even 1 or 2 relatively snowless winters. This past summer we had enough rain that the lawns didn't turn brown all season. Usually, by August, they're nicely toasted.

November, December and January are our "GRAY" months. In November, on only 36% of the days do we see ANY sunshine. And, that may be only an hour or less. In December, only 25% of days have any sunshine, then back up to 36% for January. Gray days for sure. Of course today, we had a LOT of sunshine. After all, it WAS my birthday.

Posted By: James_T Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 12:53 AM
I loved eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. I was surprised (quite happily) by Jim Carrey's performance. The cast was great and I enjoyed the surrielistic blurring of the lines.

jr
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 02:11 AM
Jack,
I am still laughing at your remark 'a very wild place'! Words really can't describe this place. I have tried to explain it to my friend's. In the end it is best to just check it out for yourself. I cut a pretty wide swath through there in the summer of '99' before my married life took over. I even dated a lady from the Cleveland area (Independence). My fondest memories were the 'Roundhouse Bar' during the Mike 'Mad Dog' Adams shows.
I actually saw him a few years ago when he toured the west coast. BTW, Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day in the sunshine.
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 03:06 AM
Let it snow already. I want to board too. I might be heading out west in March but most likely interior BC. I've been too many times to Whistler. I'm stuck going to icy Tremblant in 2 weeks. BC would be nice.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 03:34 AM
Give Tahoe a try if you want to avoid ice.
Posted By: MykeW Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 05:38 AM
Saturn, the interior has some great spots. My sister has a place at Big White and I've been a couple times. Very Nice, lots of runs and not crowded like Whistler, it would certainly be worth checking out if you're headed that direction.

Cheers, Jag
Posted By: expatbrit Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/02/04 05:36 PM
It's snowing like crazy right now in Minneapolis, and you're welcome to take it away any time you like! Here's looking forward to motorcycling weather (6 months and counting).
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/03/04 01:50 AM
They have motorcycle weather up there!?

I'd be happy to take some snow off your hands down here in PA.
Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/03/04 02:47 AM
pbuko:I'm definitely going to have to try the Cali places. I heard its great. Its light and fluffy snow.

Jag: Definitely will look into it. It looks like the road trip though will be Fernie, Red Mountain, Panaroma and Golden for the week. A different resort a day.
Posted By: ajb2001ca Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/03/04 04:10 PM
Saturn,

I live in Calgary and go to Fernie quite often. You're gonna love it, lots of snow and lots of terrain. The only bad thing I can say about it is that it's not entirely out of the question for them to get rain/drizzle in the middle of winter. Mostly, they get snow, snow, and snow - you should have no trouble finding some powder.

Joe

Posted By: Lexxen Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/04/04 04:25 PM
I went to Fernie the february before last. we got there and it was raining so hard that there was almost no snow left at the bottom of the mountain (only a lot of slush) the next day we went to try our luck and it had snowed so much that night that you could not tell that it had rained the day before -- not even an inch of ice...
Posted By: mwc Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/09/04 03:08 PM
I can remember when a guy named Ian Colquhoun used to post here often. He seemed to have a knack for this audio thing.
Posted By: Kootenay_Audio Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/12/04 05:18 PM
Saturn
If your coming to Red drop me a line as I live in Rossland. If your here on a powder day or weekend I'll set you up with a tour of the hill if you like. (I have a 20 cm rule at work If you have time I also recommend a day at Whitewater and an evening in Nelson. Only about 1 hr from me.

K_A

Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/14/04 09:59 PM
Thanks for the offer guys!

kootenay_audio: definitely will hit you on that offer. It will be sometime end of March or early April. Which is the best time to go there?

I'll drop you an email.

cheers;
Saturn

ps: I'm off to Killington, Vermont and Tremblant, Quebec this weekend.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/15/04 04:56 PM
I am off to Whiteface (Lake Placid NY), and Sugarloaf in Vermont.....looking for some good snow!!!

Thanks for the invite to Tremblant Saturn...hopefully I can join you next trip!!!
Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/16/04 04:49 AM
I'm scared of Iceface...I mean Whiteface
Thats where I crunched my last vertabrea 7 years ago. My back has given me issues since then.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/16/04 01:54 PM
That is typically the upper mtn....it is not open at present, and who knows if it will be when I am there during the holidays.....

I could make a comment about " bad technique", or snowboarders in general....but I will not. LOL

I can tell you that as a member of CSPS - Canadian Ski Patrol System, and as a veteran patroller, the majority of injuries I deal with are boarders.....
Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/16/04 04:33 PM
Ops...did I just run over you $XXXX skis....opps...I didn't mean to nudge you into the ditch...its soooo bad form for me to do that.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/16/04 05:56 PM
yeah, that happens ALOT...I don't understand the lack of respect for your fellow alpine disciples.....
Most people need to read the Alpine Responsibility Code a little more often!!!

The beauty of being a patroller, I can pull your lift ticket for violations like that!!!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/16/04 07:40 PM
Funny, of all the (5-ish) years I've been skiing, I've never had a problem with snowboarders. Not once have I been knoc--- OW!!!!! Watch where you're going, you jerk!
Posted By: ringmir Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 12:40 AM
Funny, I snowboard, and have only ever been run into by skiers... seriously, several times.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 01:35 AM
I have to defend some of the hazardous skiiers and snowboarders in the world by saying that they may very well be running into you because they can't help it!

I didn't hit anybody, but my first (and last!) skiing experience was a nightmare. I nearly killed myself by getting out of control. Faster and faster I went...I finally dumped myself intentionally rather than fly though the bottom of the hill out into the lodge and through a window. Quite a nasty spill...poles went one direction, skis another, while I tumbled in yet another direction. NOT fun.

Posted By: bray Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 02:21 AM
spiffnme
I can see that perfectly in my mind.LOL!
Reminds me of when we took my 8 year old niece skiing for the first time. After 2 days of lessons, we took here to the top of the last green run before the bunny hill and before the nets. I knew she was in trouble from the get go, because her skis pointed straight down the montain, pulled in tight together, and the look on her face was one of PURE TERROR. I think she must of made it up to 50mph before she hit the nets. None of this was funny at the time, but it sure the hell is now when I look back. She has never been skiing again, and she is 15 now and LIVES IN COLORADO.
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 02:46 AM
The only problem I have with the boarders are the ones that just scrape the mountain most of the way down.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 12:29 PM
spiff, i don't suppose mr bear has photos of that adventure, does he?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 02:15 PM
In all seriousness....that is not a valid reason. Unfortunately, it is the reason most quote when we try and help them, and promote safe sliding. It is the same as defending bad drivers because the can't drive any better! LOL.
Having said that, everyone needs to be tolerant of those who are learning, and progressing in there abilities. However, it is not recommended to go from green to double black diamonds on your first visit!!!

For those who have not seen this (shame on you if you ski and have not, as it is posted at every ski hill) :-)

The Alpine Responsibility Code

Regardless of how you enjoy your snow sport, always show courtesy to others and be aware that THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS in all snow recreational activities that common sense and personal awareness can reduce. These risks include rapid changes in weather and surface conditions, collisions with other people as well as natural and artificial hazards such as rocks, trees, stumps, bare spots, lift towers and snowmaking equipment.

Know and Observe the Code below - It's YOUR responsibility

1)Know your ability and always stay in control and be able to stop and avoid other people or objects
2)Take lessons from qualified professional instructors to learn and progress
3)Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or run or are not visible from above
4)When entering a trail or run, or starting downhill, look uphill and give way to others
5)Always use proper devices to prevent runaway equipment. Ensure your equipment is in good condition
6)Avoid people ahead of you - they have right-of-way
7)Observe all signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails or runs and out of closed areas
8)Before using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely
9)Do not ski, snowboard, ride a chairlift or undertake any other alpine activity if drugs or alcohol impair your ability
10)If you are involved in a collision or witness and accident, alert Ski Patrol, remain at the scene and identify yourself to Ski Patrol

Failure to observe the Alpine Responsibility Code may result in CANCELLATION of your ticket by the Ski Patrol or other authorised personnel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By: Twirly22 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 03:47 PM
As someone who has represented both Gore and Whiteface on a number of appeals, and based on my own observations and numerous talks with the Ski Patrol, I can tell you that Rule # 7 is by far the most often violated.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 05:27 PM
I was hardly on a black diamond run. I simply don't know how to stop once going over 4mph.

I'll stick to tennis.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 06:58 PM
Sorry Craig, I was not implying you were....

But it sounds like you were not in control, and maybe that was something that could have been beyond your control. I see a lot of people who think they are ready for the glades, or double black diamonds.....who end up waiting for help to get them out of these areas because they are beyond they're comfortzone and capabilities.

I must admit, I get beyond mine sometimes, but it is all a matter of trying to adhere to the codes I posted.

Again, sorry if it seemed I was singling you out.....
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 07:12 PM
I had acutally gone down the run several times already. That last time I simply got going to fast and things just kind of snowballed from there. Sucked. Haven't been skiing since. (I tend not to like doing things that scare the *&^%$ out of me.)

Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/17/04 07:19 PM
See, the problem you were having is a french fries vs. pizza thing...
Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/20/04 05:26 PM
What a great weekend! 3 days - 2100 km of driving - 2 days in Killington & 1 day in Tremblant. What a weekend. 1 foot of fresh pow in Tremblant.
I'm poopped and ache all over...falling asleep at my desk...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz............
Posted By: ringmir Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/20/04 06:00 PM
I spent the weekend at Stowe... Not a foot of fresh powder but a great weekend regardless. Likewise on the pooped/ache/falling asleep at my desk comment.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/20/04 06:04 PM
I was patrolling at a smaller local hill, and I can add a third name to that list!!!!

Saturn, you never mentioned Killington in your invite!!!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/20/04 06:48 PM
I didn't do a freakin' thing this weekend that would qualify as physical or exciting, yet I'm pooped too.

Does that count for anything?

Uh-oh.... here comes the hijack to the "who's old around here" thread!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/20/04 06:54 PM
I think it was 'jacked long ago!!!! LOL
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/20/04 09:55 PM
Surely not everybody knows what pizza vs. french fries refers to?
Posted By: bray Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/21/04 03:31 AM
I'll bite.
Please tell us.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/21/04 05:00 AM
It's how ski instructors tell kids to align their skis: pizza (snowplow/wedge) to slow down, french fries (parallel) to go fast.
Posted By: Saturn Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/21/04 05:31 AM
In reply to:

Saturn, you never mentioned Killington in your invite!!!!

Last minute change of plan.
Boy was it worth it.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: OT: Missing Persons - 12/21/04 01:36 PM
ahh...that was not fair!!!! I was borderline on Tremblant, but Killington would heave pushed me over the border!!!!
Posted By: bray Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 05:35 PM
Where has neverhappy been??
He use to post almost daily and now I havent seen him for more than a month (or more).
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 06:53 PM
I'm ashamed to say that he and I got into a snit, and he has, apparently, moved on to greener pastures.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 07:24 PM
Jack, we'll have to start calling you the Axiom bully..

Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 08:08 PM
I know! I know! Mea Culpa! Mea Culpa! Fortunately, for the sake of my ego, I wasn't the only one who felt he was out of line with his "put up or shut up" attitude. I regret that the whole thing occurred.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 10:04 PM
Everytime I see something like that episode, I am disappointed. Props to Jack for stepping in, because having someone force you into a corner and just beat you incessantly (and rudely) with their opinion, expect you to embrace it, then become abusive and over the top, exceeding boundaries of good taste as NeverHappy did is simply unacceptable.

I have taken to simply switching these types of threads off. A waste of time and band width. There are really only two ways to deal with it - 1) Step in and express yourself as Jack did or 2) simply stop feeding it (ignore it and it goes away).

I've jumped into these little tiffs before and I have the appetite for them, but they are just too time consuming and don't yield anything positive (except for the occasional disappearance of the anti-protagonist). Bravo Jack and hopefully we've seen our last go around of this type.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 10:47 PM
In reply to:

because having someone force you into a corner and just beat you incessantly (and rudely) with their opinion, expect you to embrace it, then become abusive and over the top, exceeding boundaries of good taste

I'm confused. Are we talking about your wife or NeverHappy?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/03/05 11:31 PM
Well, my wife never is happy, so that could work. One point I should make is that she is never rude. Ever. At least while I am still conscious.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 12:03 AM
That might explain the bruises, eh?
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 12:44 AM
I met his Ray's wife....she seemed perfectly nice to me. I have no idea what she does to him when he is unconcious though!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 01:25 AM
I know Roger has slugged me in his sleep before. Pretty darn funny. He says he was dreaming that someone was attacking him. All I know is that he smacked me a good one across the chest and woke me up. I looked over and he was completely asleep, but clearly having a bad dream. LOL!

Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 01:30 AM
I don't believe my wife has slapped Roger in his sleep.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 01:34 AM
ah...but has she slapped you?

Posted By: Ray3 Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 01:46 AM
Several times, but I am almost positive it was accidental.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 01:47 AM
That's what they all say.

Posted By: mwc Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 02:53 AM
I think Jack wished him away like Anthony (Billy Mummy) did in the Twilight Zone episode-It's a Good Life.
Posted By: Ajax Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 03:17 AM
Nah, Mike. I just wish he'd bahaved better.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 03:33 AM
Yeah, I've elbowed my wife in the head a couple of times in my sleep. She doesn't believe me about it being accidental, either...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 03:58 AM
My wife told me once that I practiced my RyuTe Kempo KO's on her in the middle of the night, of course I don't remember it that way, I just remember the dream I was having where my Instuctor and I were in a big bar brawl, just like the movie Roadhouse.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 03:58 AM
Elbowed as in rolled over and bumper her, or elbowed as in "Yah! Take that!" ?

Because Roger's smack was definately in the latter catagory.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 04:13 AM
The latter. She's never woken up when I've done it, so her running theory is that I'm knocking her out.
Posted By: curtis Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 04:40 AM
can you claim sleep apnea made you do it or does that not work?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Missing Persons - 01/04/05 04:44 AM
No.... especially since she wouldn't know if I didn't tell her! I have this guilty conscience thing going. Plus, it's kind of funny.
Posted By: upgradeitis Re: OT: Missing Persons - 03/07/05 03:31 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Britrover? He had a speaker distributor contact for me but I never touched base with him. PM me if you wish.

TIA
© Axiom Message Boards