Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/08/04 07:55 PM
Well, Roger and I took a long weekend in wine country. Of course Mr. Bear came along...here are some pics.

Mr. Bear in Wine Country

We came back to the room a little early, and caught Mr. Bear in a compromising position with one of the locals.

Caution: Only click on this link if you're not offended easily.

Naughty Bear

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/08/04 08:16 PM
Ow... I hurt from laughing so hard. The people in my office must think I'm insane.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/08/04 09:24 PM
Fun stuff, Craig. I never cease to be delighted by the beauty of the Earth. Being in the flatlands of the Midwest, we see nothing like the scenery in your photos (the outdoor ones. NOT Mr. Bear being naughty ). So beautiful.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/08/04 09:24 PM
Bears need lovin too....
Posted By: Wid Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/08/04 10:16 PM

Thats one of the funniest threads ever............
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/08/04 10:29 PM
So you do see, uh, scenery like the Mr. Bear photos? Man, I live in SF, and I don't see that stuff (well, not much)! What is it, on the streets?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 12:10 AM
Not with bears. People, YES. Bears, NO.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 01:10 AM
Damn - that bear travels more than I do!! Second the comment on the great scenery. spiff - you guys must get some interesting looks taking pictures with Mr. Bear included.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 01:39 AM
You'll note that most places that have pictures of Mr. Bear are pretty deserted.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 01:52 AM
Mr. Bear is obviouly VERY selective about his company.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 06:57 AM
So, which wine country did you go to? I still haven't been to California's central coast region.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 07:16 AM
Earlier this year we went to the Santa Barbara area, this past weekend we were in Paso Robles. Both were awesome. I guess Napa Valley is next on the list.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 03:02 PM
If you get to Napa (and hopefully Sonoma on the same trip), be sure to take the tour at Mondavi. Best one we did.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 05:06 PM
Hey, spiff. Where did you guys stay on the trip to Paso? I'd be interested in your recommendations.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 05:29 PM
We stayed at the J. Patrick House. We HIGHLY recommend it!

Posted By: BigWill Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 09:38 PM
Thanks, but I don't think a B&B would be very fun with a little 15 mo old baby.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 10:17 PM
Aw, come on. My almost-13-month baby would have a ball at a B&B.... Oh, were you concerned about the other guests? That's a different story.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/09/04 10:33 PM
Go during the week in the off season! There's no one there! We did the B&B on the coast thing on our honeymoon, starting in mid week in early November. The places we stayed at on weekdays had no one (literally) there, and the owners were rather surprised to have us.
Posted By: snippy Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/10/04 01:03 AM
Spiff,

You were in Paso and did not come by to say Hi! I am so hurt. There could have been a picture of Mr. Bear listening to my Axioms with my dog! (in a non-sexual way).
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/10/04 02:13 AM
Sorry about that. Besides...the last thing you'd need is to see Mr. Bear humping your dogs leg.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/10/04 04:00 AM
LOL!

But let me warn you now. If you come up and do Napa/Sonoma/Russian River wine country without letting me know where and when to meet you, I'm not letting you off as easily as snippy did.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/10/04 04:44 AM
Likewise...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/10/04 08:47 AM
To be honest the stop on the way back through Paso Robles wasn't completely planned. We knew we were going to take a leisurely route home, but the whole vineyard tour was pretty much a spur of the moment decision.

I promise to be a better Axiomite on my next trip North.

Posted By: snippy Re: Mr. Bear in Wine Country - 12/10/04 06:32 PM
Its cool Spiff, I drive from San Luis Obispo to Irvine all the time, and I have never stopped in LA to see you either, and I badly want to hear your M60's and VTF2!
© Axiom Message Boards