Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 02:56 AM
My wife was looking for a PS2 for me for Christmas, but they are sold out everywhere. I have been looking online, but haven't found one. Anyone know where to get one? I want a new one, but don't care if it is the old or new style PS2. I really just want to be able to play Gran Turismo

I found this site, http://www.videogameexpress.org, that doesn't say anything about if they are in stock and lets you start the ordering process. I have a feeling after you order then will say it will ship in a couple of weeks once they get them in.

Forgot to add....we don't want to pay more then the $150 it lists for. I'm sure I could get one by paying a premium on ebay or something, but I think it is silly to pay extra when it will be back to $150 when they will be in stock again after Christmas.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 02:59 AM
There's a few under "used and new" at Amazon, but nothing from Amazon per se. I'm sure you looked there first, though...

Whew! A new thread NOT bashing Axioms!
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 03:39 AM
I looked at Amazon, but didn't see anything new for $150. It looks like they are about $220 there.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 04:49 AM
Costco has them. I have seen them in the stores and online. i think its around 230 bucks but im pretty sure it comes with gran turismo and some other game along with a memory card and 2 controllers.
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 05:16 AM
I just looked online...it's gone. It is still in the google cache for costco, but it isn't on their site.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 07:24 AM
The stores may have them. Costco online is a separate entity. Newegg.com has them at an eta of 12/12/04, so you MIGHT be able to grab one there. It's $150 at that lovely retailer.
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 02:06 PM
The ETA there is now 12/17. I put myself on their auto notify list so that they will let me know when they get them.

Shouldn't this have been the hot item of a couple of years ago, and not this Christmas? I guess people just want this new slim one. I don't really care if I get the old or new style, I don't expect it to be very portable for me anyway.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/13/04 03:08 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you. I think they've all been taken by spammers and unscrupulus (sp?) ad companies who want to give me a free one!
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/14/04 03:30 AM
Thanks, the more eyes looking the better. They've gotta appear out there somewhere.
Posted By: BUDSNAXZ Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/14/04 07:10 AM
I can probably get you a new one for under $100. I'll have to check a store tommorow and see if they have them. PM me with a phone number I can contact you at and I'll get back with you once I check the store.
Mac

Denon AVR-3805
Denon DVD-2200
SVS PB1-ISD
Axiom Audio M80ti
Axiom Audio VP150
Axiom Audio QS8

“I feel more like I do now than when I got here!”

Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Playstation 2 - 12/14/04 06:57 PM
Wow...how are you going to do that? Are they off the back of a truck or something?
© Axiom Message Boards