Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 01:55 AM
How does it look? Anyone? Ummmm, RAY????
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 02:03 AM
Clearly misguided.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 02:32 AM
Where do you FIND these things ?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 02:53 AM
i really cant believe the pats shut down the aerial attack of the colts today? real shocker to me.

should be one hell of an AFC championship next week. to me, that is real the super bowl. i dont think philly or atlanta will have a shot against whoever wins.. but, i thought the colts were a lock, so what do i know?

bigjohn
Posted By: ringmir Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 03:27 AM
Living in Boston, and being from Philly...

I want Eagles / Pats, and I want to be the jerk at the bar cheering everytime the Eagles score. (And then hiding under the table to dodge the flying beer bottles...)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 04:30 AM
I think it would look much better as an animated GIF.
Posted By: bray Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 05:55 AM
PLEASE, NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 02:43 PM
bridgman - I stumbled across the BS Meter by accident about an hour before I saw Mark's post. I thought the timing was just superb!

Obviously, my hope is that the Steelers end up as Super Bowl champs. Saturday they made a gift of 14 points to the Jets (INT & runback for TDs), but otherwise bottled them up between the 30s. Depending on your viewpoint, Pittsburgh won the game, stole one, beat the Jets in spite of trying to beat themselves or the Jets gave one away. In any event, the football season is a week longer for the Steelers.

I'm encouraged going forward because the Steelers have beaten the Pats and the Eagles, both undefeated at the time. I guess we'll have top let this play out.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 05:32 PM
Mark, excellent. there are too few Pats fans and believers on this board. I'm in your camp too.
gotta love tedy bruski.
dan
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 06:04 PM
In reply to:

gotta love tedy bruski

well.. you dont "gotta".. but he is a great linebacker.

i am impressed with the entire pats defense.. i mean, to hold the most potent offense in the history of football to 276 total yards, and 3 points, is pretty amazing. not to mention, the pats are fielding a patch-work defense that has been rotating their secondary for 5 weeks.

in this day of football, where its always about the individual.. i have to say it is a refreshing surprise to see the entire patriots bench buy into a true "TEAM" philosophy. i think that not only says a lot about the players, but the coaches. job well done.

bigjohn
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 06:36 PM
Well stated John.

Randy Moss, Vince Carter, Gary Sheffield - are you listening???
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 07:44 PM
what can you say.....the Pats just "know" how to win. You honestly believe watching them that they are just in an entirely different class than all other teams. They are the epitome of the word "team".

Ray, I hate to say it, but if Pittsburgh is within 2 touchdowns this weekend, I will personally be very surprised. I think the only team that has a shot at knocking them out is Philly if T.O. is in the lineup. Of course as my Sport Select betting record will tell you, I've been known to be wrong before.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 09:36 PM
Scott, I don't take this stuff too seriously, I'm just enjoying the ride this year. I will point out again that the Steelers beat the Pats earlier this year. Generally, I see alot about the Pats not having Corey Dillon or Ty Law for that game, but I never hear anything about the Steelers ALSO missing 3 starters - Chad Scott (cornerback), Casey Hampton (nose tackle) and Kendrell Bell (LB), the last 2 of them being All Pro. Scott & Bell returned after the Buffalo game.

Whichever way it goes - it should be an outstanding game.
Posted By: mark4583 Re: Testing New Sig Line.... - 01/17/05 10:21 PM
It would be interesting to see how many bets was lost on the over/under, 23 total points between the two!
© Axiom Message Boards