Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ray3 Buying CDs - 02/06/05 09:11 PM
So, where does everybody buy their CDs online? The best combination would include best price and reliability of the etailer.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Buying CDs - 02/06/05 09:55 PM
I'm too lazy to do much research, and too paranoid to go with unfamiliar businesses. I get my used from Amazon or Half.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Buying CDs - 02/06/05 10:02 PM

When I'm looking to save money, I use Second Spin for used discs. Have never had a problem with any disc I've gotten from them. Really cheap, but really slow on delivery. You can sell them the disks you don't want.

I do use Amazon a lot. They have free shipping if your order goes over $25.

Here one I've never used buy you might give it a try also.

Cheap CDS

Posted By: JohnK Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 04:18 AM
Ray, I use Tower Records when they have a sale on items that I'm interested in and Arkiv for probably the most complete stock of classical CDs.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 03:38 PM
Overstock.com,.....GEMM,...Amazon, (sometimes a bit pricey), Steppenwolf.com, Jimi hendrix.com.
Posted By: bugzyseg Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 03:54 PM
JandR.com
Jazz, classical
You cannot beat them - join them
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 04:12 PM
Option: Deep Discount CD

I use the DVD counterpart (Deep Discount DVD) and seem to get good pricing.
Posted By: bugzyseg Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 04:18 PM
compare
http://www.deepdiscountcd.com/index.cfm?request=/search.cfm?null=regina%20carter%26likesearch=2%26noimg=0%26sortby=year%26%26artist=Regina%20Carter

and

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?InSearch=t&N=0&Ntt=regina+carter&Ntk=All_Record_Search&lastSearch=
Posted By: Seabear Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 04:27 PM
I have bought literally hundreds of CDs from Amazon USED.
Very cheap, and always satisfied. Over the years I think I had one disc that was scratched, and the fellow that I bought it from sent me back my money and told me to throw it away.
Posted By: TurboDog1 Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 10:04 PM
Like I said in my post, I use the DVD side of the DeepDiscount house. Doing a random sample, it seems that there is no clear winner between the two sites (DDD & JR.com) for DVD pricing. Each has DVDs that are better priced than the others. The good thing is that I now have another source for online DVD purchases. Thanks.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Buying CDs - 02/07/05 11:04 PM
Well that's a pretty handsome list folks. Never considered used from Amazon before.

Let me add one - Caiman.com

Hopefully some more will be added.
Posted By: Seabear Re: Buying CDs - 02/08/05 03:57 AM
The "Used" part of Amazon is not always an option, you just have to check each item and see if it has a "Buy it used" button next to the item. More often than not what I bought "used" was brand new, and less than half normal pricing. A couple of years ago I picked up every Ben Vaughn disc he had made, all from one guy, at between $1.69 and $3.50 each, and they were brand new. And, at the time, all of said discs were out of print.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Buying CDs - 02/08/05 03:02 PM
Thanks for that TjB!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Buying CDs - 02/08/05 04:16 PM
I like to get up from my pc, go outside, get some fresh air, and actually go to a well stocked store.....

call me a rebel, but I try to have some sort of a life away from my computer! LOL
Posted By: Ajax Re: Buying CDs - 02/08/05 05:30 PM
What a radical concept, Mike. Life away from the computer. Hmmm? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Shoot! We had the power go out this morning for two hours, and I thought I was gonna die from computer withdrawal. The anxiety was overwhelming. (true story, honest )
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Buying CDs - 02/08/05 06:03 PM
I know it gets harder to be away, but the technology that is out there will allow you to take it with you Jack!

I guess it is hard to teach an ..........new tricks!!!
© Axiom Message Boards