Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Dlo OT: Shipping To Canada - 02/11/05 01:44 PM
Does anyone know if I need a customs form to ship a video game to Ontario. Or can I just drop it off in the mailbox?
Posted By: bridgman Re: OT: Shipping To Canada - 02/11/05 02:01 PM
If it is a gift and the value is fairly low (under $100, I think, but don't quote me on that) you can just drop it in the mail as long as you clearly mark what it is on the front of the package. If it is a gift rather than a purchase mark "Gift" on the front as well.

The package will always get there even if it does turn out to be something requiring customs processing, it's just that Canada Post will intercept it and the recepient will probably have to drive out to the nearest customs office to pick it up and either pay duties or clarify what the contents are.

"Computer Software" is always a good description
Posted By: Dlo Re: OT: Shipping To Canada - 02/11/05 04:26 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks. Funny thing is I just mailed it about an hour ago without writing what it is. I hope they don't send it back.
Posted By: bridgman Re: OT: Shipping To Canada - 02/12/05 12:11 AM
Don't think they ever get sent back. Worst case the recipient will have to go pick it up from a customs office.

If it's small and the dog doesn't sit down it may go straight through. Good luck !
Posted By: Dlo Re: OT: Shipping To Canada - 02/12/05 02:02 PM
Lol. Thanks, man. I appreciate that.
© Axiom Message Boards