Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bigjohn FANDANGO MOVIE - 03/10/05 03:31 PM
i just found out last night, that one of my favorite all time movies, FANDANGO is now avail on DVD. i used to have it on a VHS tape that i recorded off HBO, but my old room mate took it when we parted ways. i had been searching for it for years on DVD, but it wasnt avail.. until about 3 weeks ago, and i ran across it by a streak of luck. i was trying to find 'Dances with Wolves' on DTS, and just happened to link to a kevin costner page, and VIOLA!! there was Fandango.

if you have never seen this movie, do so IMMEDIATELY. its about a bunch of guys who take that last road trip before they start their lives after college is over. the dialogue between friends is fantastic, and it has a sky-diving scene, that is quite possibly the funniest 20 minutes in cinema history.. i am not kidding. it will make you spit beer, its so hilarious.

anyway, just giving a heads up an a great movie. and dont worry thats its kevin costner. i would argue that this is his best performance in a movie, ever..

BTW- it was one the first movies made under steven spielbergs AMBLIN label.

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: FANDANGO MOVIE - 03/10/05 05:41 PM
Thanks for the tip. Just added it to my NetFlix queue.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: FANDANGO MOVIE - 03/10/05 06:43 PM
let me know what you think of it?

everytime i have ever mentioned it to people i know, the first thing i hear is, "fandango, what movie is that? i have never heard of it!"

then, i would lend them my tape, and i would hear, "dude, that movie was great.. especially the sky-dive scene."

for some reason, thats the part everyone remembers?

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: FANDANGO MOVIE - 03/11/05 12:05 AM
Hmmmm. Maybe I'll move it up in my queue. It's currently 27th.
© Axiom Message Boards