Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sidvicious02 Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 01:55 AM
i waited all day thinking someone would start one, but no luck. So here is the "happy St. Pats Day" thread.

Happy St. Pats to my fellow Irish brethren and to all the others who just wish they were so lucky as us!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 02:02 AM
Lucky enough to have my birthday today!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 02:03 AM
Sorry for the shameless self-promotion. . .
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 02:09 AM
aha, i saw you register and figured there might be something to that. Happy birthday, hope you had a great one, and found that MX700 at the end of the rainbow.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 02:09 AM
Sean, happy birthday, and obviously your parents calculated carefully indeed!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 02:15 AM
No, no. I left that mx 700 thread in a hurry. I don't need it. I don't. . .where was that link again. . .
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 02:23 AM
Thanks JohnK. Was two months premature, to be exact. Came out on St. Patrick's day and was literally a little green (rimshot, please).

I was a naive little kid (read--stupid) and was under the impression all the St. Pat parades on tv were for me. Despite that, I still made it college. Maybe I just copied off the right people.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 04:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Happy St. Pats Day to all!
Cheers,
Shaun (an Irishman)
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 07:48 AM
With a name like Brenden... any guesses as to my nationality?

From the Irish Gaelic Braenainn... which depending on which baby book you look in, means something different... so I just combine them all...

"Fragrant haired prince from the fiery hill"

And what did I do tonight? Got called into the arena to work a concert. Wouldn't have been so bad... $65 an hour for doing little to nothing's a good gig, but I'm way behind with work... was going to catch up with that.

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 08:01 AM
Fragrant.... Must be the hair gel, right?
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 08:04 AM
Lisa refers to my head as a "stink sponge"

I walk out of The Body Shop - it smells like Apricot bath soak
I walk out of a coffee shop - it smells like patchouli
I walk out of the barn - and I give s***head a new meaning

Bren R.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 05:29 PM
Bren,
That's funny. My wife and I were considering calling our son Brenden however we settled with Ryan. We thought he would spend the rest of his life correcting people who spelt his name wrong. I always get people spelling my name everything but the correct version.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 05:42 PM
In reply to:

spelling my name everything but the correct version

hum, lets see...

Rok Heed?
Roc Haed?
Roq Had?

dang, you are right.. it IS hard...

BTW- i have a guy i work with, who spells his name 'Sean'.. which i think most people would pernounce it like 'Shawn'. but its actually pernounced like 'Seen'. very confusing.. what were his parents thinkin?

bigjohn
Posted By: alou Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 05:50 PM
I went to high school with a guy named Sean...pronounced See-an.
Posted By: bray Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 06:22 PM
I had a girlfriend in high school named Cee Ann and strangely enough, she is a he now, named Sean.
Never would have thought.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 06:26 PM
but, when you tell the story now, do you say, "i once had a 'boyfriend' in high school?" just curious

was he/she contemplating changes back then? i think that would have been a weird conversation...?

bigjohn
Posted By: bray Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 06:39 PM
No, like I said. Never would have thought.
Cee Ann was beautiful, and "seemed" to be very very into the time/times we had together.
The strange conversation came at my 20th high school reunion when she/he was telling me how sweet and goodlooking I was in high school. Turns out that another very pretty girl from high school (that you would have never guessed), was her partner.
I didnt stay at that paticular party long.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 06:42 PM
man, thats the kind of stuff that makes high school reunions FUN!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 06:42 PM
My wife gave me the "Rockhead" handle. My parents didn't give me the traditional Irish spelling of "Sean" as they were worried that people would pronounce it "Seen". I ended up with "Shaun" rather than "Shawn". Back then (40+ years ago) Shawn was more of a girl's name. Anyhow, I am a mix of Irish from my mother's side and Welsh from my father's side.
With a middle name of "Patrick" I've got the full blown Irish thing happening!
Posted By: bray Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 06:47 PM
Oh it was fun, but at the time that revelation came as a shock to everyone and everyone was asking ME questions about it that I couldnt answer.
Just a wee bit awkward.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 07:20 PM
i would just say you ruined her for other men.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 07:34 PM
sure didnt ruin her for other women though!!

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 08:39 PM
I went to high school with a firey-red-haired Irish girl named Michael. She went by Mikee, though.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 08:43 PM
my wifes name is Patrizia people always think its a typo. Though it does make telemarketers obvious as they stumble through trying to say it.
Jake
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 08:50 PM
Is that like "give it to Mikey" he'll eat anything?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 09:12 PM
In reply to:

he'll eat anything

are you talkin about me now?

bigjohn
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 09:18 PM
No, I was thinking about that TV commercial years ago....
BTW, I haven't had a chance to try your chili recipe yet. Maybe I'll try for Easter weekend. Should go good with ham?
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 09:37 PM
In reply to:

My parents didn't give me the traditional Irish spelling of "Sean" as they were worried that people would pronounce it "Seen". I ended up with "Shaun" rather than "Shawn".

Exactly the same story as my brother Shaun. And I got Brenden rather than Brendan so a typo wouldn't change my gender.

My middle name is Irish as well, but last name is most definately square-headed Kraut.

Bren R.
Posted By: biggsly5000 Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 10:08 PM
Not Irish but I always love to guzzle huge quantities of green beer and make lewd references to me blarney stone and me lucky charms. St. Patt's day is picking up here in Veracruz Mexico, four years ago when the Bennigans opened no one would touch a green beer, now they cant drink it fast enough. Of course there were some Irish guys that were skonked at the bar last night. Bennigans is the only place that St. Patricks day exists here.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 10:11 PM
i have to laugh my poor girlfriend and wonder what her parents were thinking. Her name is Donalee, so sounds similar to Donna Lee. Of course if anyone has ever seen the Donna Chang - Seinfeld episode you know the reaction of most people when they meet her in person :

"Donna Lee, but you're not Asian?!?"
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Green Beer Day - 03/18/05 10:19 PM
Scott,
Here's a beauty for ya, my sister in law's name is Donnalene. Ever seen that handle before? My father calls her Donnalee and she always asks him where the rest of her name is!

© Axiom Message Boards