Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dmn23 Confession #5 - 03/28/05 11:00 PM
I've really, really wanted a pair of M60s for...well, for as long as I've been haunting this board. And I was THIS close. But my M60 savings went to a different purchase today, and I'm back to square one. As I'm typing this, my eyes are drifting over to a lovely 3-color sunburst Fender Stratocaster, and I couldn't be happier.

My M22s are nothing to sneeze at, right? Am I absolved, or am I going straight to Hell?
Posted By: Wid Re: Confession #5 - 03/28/05 11:03 PM
Where are the pics.As long as the Strat puts a smile on your face I think you're doing well
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Confession #5 - 03/28/05 11:05 PM
Give me about 30 minutes to charge the batteries on the camera and I'll have pics!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Confession #5 - 03/28/05 11:55 PM
The Strat is a GREAT guitar. I like it just a teeny bit better than the Telecaster.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 12:05 AM
Photos as promised.
Posted By: Wid Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 12:59 AM

Very nice Mike,Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 01:05 AM
Being an old guy, I DO love that old fashioned sunburst pattern. Looks GREAT!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 01:15 AM
SA-weeeeetttttt!!

thats nice man.. i was looking at getting a telecaster a few years back, but i just coulnt warrent the purchase. i dont play the 2 guitars i have now enough as it is. but, i agree with jack.. hands down, i love that old school sunburst.

2 thumbs up on the new purchase.

bigjohn
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 01:31 AM
You guys are too kind. In a perfect world, I would spent a little more and gone home with a beautiful butterscotch Tele they had on the wall. But this one was used (and I'll be darned if I can find a scratch on it), the price was fair, and you're right -- that old sunburst finish is tough to beat. Maybe I'll be ordering my M60s by summertime. That is, of course, after a set of Rio Grande pickups, Gotoh keys, pearloid pickguard, Callaham tremelo block and a new nut.
Posted By: bray Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 03:12 AM
STRAIGHT TO HELL FOR YOU!
JK Gotta love a Srat.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Confession #5 - 03/29/05 04:02 AM

Ahh, so you're truly GUITARded.

Just an ex-bassist, now audio engineer joke.

Bren R.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Confession #5 - 03/30/05 02:59 AM
Very nice git-box. I play a telecaster myself - an old solid body ash model. It weighs about a ton - my back would hurt after a full night's gig. But, you could throw the thing down the stairs, and only the stairs would be worse for wear.

Congrats, though! I remember how much fun it was to get a new guitar!
© Axiom Message Boards