Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 07:59 PM
This is probably just a symptom of the fact that Amie is modifying (or has modified) the headers and footers of the website, but the three links in the upper right (home, contact, view cart) are white, and thus invisible against the forum's background. Does everyone else have this problem, too?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:02 PM
yup.. good catch peter..

it just looks like two small verticle lines, but when you move your curser up to it, the little finger points like there is something there..

i would have never caught that...

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:06 PM
If you visit the link, it shows up in a different color, though.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:07 PM
Yes...
I hope they're going to change a bit. I know nothing of HTML but I believe that those three items have been on two lines lately where they used to all be on one line. It offsets the "Main Index" page just enough on my 1280 monitor so I can't see if there's any posts in the last forum w/o scrolling!
Posted By: ringmir Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:15 PM
I saw that earlier and thought it was just my browser being stupid... it was running very slowly at the time.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:22 PM
you gotta love a white font on a white background, it must be a top secret area
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:25 PM
when viewing the source code it appears the below statement preceeds each of those options, may have something to do with it

class="smallWhiteLink"
Posted By: bray Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 08:41 PM
I'm seeing a slightly different font and "main Index" and "whos online" is magenta along with various threads in the different forums.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 09:07 PM
yes, i am getting magenta colors now also.

man, what was in that cherry dr pepper i had for lunch?

bigjohn
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 09:10 PM
When I refresh my browser I do see them in magenta for about a second, and then the disapear. Still white on white.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 09:40 PM
I see it too. Has anyone emailed the webmaster (link is on the page) ?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 09:49 PM
I think the main issue is that the blue gradient that exists on all pages of the main site isn't on the forum (yet). That would fix it.

[edited below]
Aha!! I've got it now. The problem is a CSS stylesheet conflict. The forums have their own stylesheet, defined in the first line of the page source, as below:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/boards/stylesheets/infopop.css" type="text/css">

The entire Axiom website also has a global CSS stylesheet, defined toward the end of the page source, as below:

<link href="../global/css/axiomaudio.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

So when a browser starts to load a page, it uses the definitions found in the first stylesheet. Then when it encounters the second stylesheet, re-draws the page according to THOSE definitions.

I'll give Amie my diagnosis.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 09:59 PM
I don't have any blue gradient on mine.... of course, that's because I use the large-font desert theme. Very soothing on the eyes when you spend 4 hours a day on a forum!
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum Display Errors - 04/06/05 10:10 PM
Thanks - Jim was switching up the footers today and must have accidentally overwritten something. We'll catch him and get the change made! Sorry about the trouble, and thanks for the help.
© Axiom Message Boards