Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snakeyes onix rocket outdoor speakers - 04/28/05 10:46 PM
anyone aver use these? they look pretty nice for a $100. feel free to recomend other out door speakers in this price and up to about $250 a pair as well. Thanks
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 04/28/05 11:23 PM
Great question. I wish Axiom would fill this need, which Ian obviously identified about three years ago. With any luck, I'll be needing some outdoor speakers, too.
Posted By: Seabear Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 04/30/05 01:30 PM
Rats,
I was kind of hoping someone would have chimed in on this one by now.
I was also looking at outdoor speakers, but now with that silly little T-Amp, I think I'm just going to put up some hooks on the wall of the patio, and just hang an old set of Polk surrounds, and hook them up whenever I'm out there.
Snakeyes,
Did you come across anything on these anywhere else?
TjB

Posted By: Ajax Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 04/30/05 02:17 PM
I have not heard these, but being a member of the av123 forum, I have read a few good anecdotal reports on the Rocket Outdoor Speakers. Of course, those reports have come from other forum members, so you must factor that into the mix.
Posted By: BigWill Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 04/30/05 09:24 PM
I think the problem lies in the mfg of outdoor speakers, Tom. What component would be made in Canada?
Their driver supplier is already out of the country and I don't see Axiom investing in facilities to produce an all-weather cabinet, either.
All of which means it would be just another cheapo Chinese outdoor speaker with a fancy brand name attached.
Posted By: Newf Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 05/01/05 02:58 PM
look up paradigm's outdoor speakers. They aren't that costly, and don't sound too bad. we have a bunch we use at work. Granted, they are no Axiom's by any means

Posted By: michael_d Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 05/01/05 05:20 PM
I just open a window or two and crank up the 80's.
Posted By: Wid Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 05/01/05 10:26 PM

That works for me
Posted By: craigsub Re: onix rocket outdoor speakers - 05/01/05 10:48 PM
The Blue collar comedy tour could use that one ... "If you open your windows just so you can hear Garth Brooks on the front porch, you might be a redneck" ...
© Axiom Message Boards