Axiom Home Page
My daughter is part of a local singing group that had a big concert today. Anyway, they were selling DVDs of the performance (as a fund raiser), which we ordered, but no option for a CD so that we can listen to it in the car or anything.
The show is not copyrighted or anything, so it isn't a legal issue, just a technical one.

I have done a lot with DVDs including basic authoring, but never tried to rip the audio to make a CD. I have a lot of software tools at my disposal between myself and some people I work with, but short of doing some low quality connecting of an external DVD player to my receiver, back to my computer audio input and recording the audio or something, I am stumped.

Thanks everyone. I have a couple of weeks to figure this out as the folks that recorded it just used a digital camcorder and are going to just dump it to their PC and burn a bunch of DVDs, but it will still take them a week or so.

Thanks!
You could play the dvd on your computer and record it using special software.
Is the "special software" like the "special sauce" on a Big Mac? :-)

What "special" software are you talking about?
Actually, I may have found something out on doom9.net on audio ripping from a DVD using BeSw.eet..
"Is the "special software" like the "special sauce" on a Big Mac? :-)"

That was freakin funny.
I asked this same question here a while ago.
I tried Jag approach and it went very well.
Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tech&Number=63272&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
© Axiom Message Boards