Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 08:54 PM
It's a rainy day in.....Florida!

Funny, I have buddy on stand-by with a firefighting airplane through the weekend....I'm thinking he'll be sitting around a lot!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:00 PM
It's raining in San Francisco now, too.
Posted By: RickF Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:05 PM
Peter, this time of the year I don't mind it so much but come June and July whenever it rains daily I get tired of it. Reminds me of that cassette 'tape-hiss' Bren and Alan were speaking of on another thread.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:14 PM
we got 3/4 of an inch last night, but its sunny out now.

everytime i have ever been in florida, it rained every day at 6 o'clock.. you could almost set your watch to it.. but, it would be over in 30-45 minutes, and then it would just be super humid til the sun went down.

bigjohn

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:18 PM
It has been gloomy and rainy here in Iowa for weeks, finally we have around 70's for the next few days....mow mow mow Gotta love using my zero turn mower on my 2.5 acres
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:26 PM
I would bet it's raining in Mountain View, too, but since I'm stuck here downloading OS updates on the world's slowest internet connection at a Fortune 500 company... Lord only knows...
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:40 PM
i think mtn view is clear. I'm in Sunnyvale next to Lockheed and it's still dry.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:42 PM
Well, hopefully I'll get to find out for myself within the next half hour... gotta get out of here.
Posted By: RickF Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 09:46 PM
In this day and age, I must say....this is a hell of a way to get a weather report!

'Axiom ... just when you HAVE to know!'
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/04/05 11:43 PM
rainy day in VA too. got to experience the new joy of muddy paw prints all over the house. thankfully it was all on the laminate floor!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 12:09 AM
Now you just need to install a hook for a rag by the door the dog uses. We keep one by our back door and our dog is so used to the paw wiping routine that she'll often wait for us to get the towel.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 01:57 AM
I just hope that this summer isn't like last summer: We evacuated three times, and all three times I took my M3s with me-this year I have M50s!!

Please, no more hurricanes!!
Posted By: RickF Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 02:05 AM
F107plus5...

I'm assuming you also are in Florida? Hurricanes are a blast, huh?

Typically April is Florida's driest and is the month that keeps the firefighters busy but this year has been different, wet and cooler with lots of humidity.

Hard at best, to second guess mother nature.!

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 02:38 AM
BrotherBob;

Yeah, this has been a mild spring! Hope it continues a while longer.

Last summer was an odd one-I will never take the hurricane season so lightly again-the only one that hit us where we are was Erin, about ten years ago, and it was only a class 1. Those storms last year made up their own rules!!

Luckily our oldest daughter has a sturdy house out of the evacuation area that could accomodate us and our speakers!

Yup, last year wrote some new chapters alright.
Rich.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 03:53 AM
Heh... good point! I mostly just needed to bitch about how slow the damn connection was. Then the upgrade failed. Grr...
Posted By: biggsly5000 Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 08:33 PM
Raining here in Veracruz, Mexico too. Every morning after it rains you can almost see potholes appear in front of you as you are driving.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 10:08 PM
We'll likely not see more than one or two more rainy days until September or later.

Posted By: James_T Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 10:53 PM
True enough Spiff, but then someday your home will be at the bottom of Arizona Bay! :P (cool points awarded to the person that can name the band/song that references!)

jr
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/05/05 10:58 PM
Tool-AEnema from the album AEnema.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 02:06 AM
And the song title is "Learn to Swim"
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 02:47 AM
Oh hell. Stupid lyrics site with the wrong song title.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 02:53 AM
Oops. you had it right. I guess I lost cool points on this one.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 03:03 AM
Muah ha ha! Well, I did have to go to the lyrics site to find the song title. But I knew the band and album...

I need to get some of that stuff.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 04:50 AM
In reply to:

We'll likely not see more than one or two more rainy days until September or later.

I had to open my big mouth. It rained tonight.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 04:52 AM
Yup, you're probably getting the storm that was up here. It wasn't too bad... You guys hit the record already, I assume.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Completely OT...Rain! - 05/06/05 06:51 AM
Dunno. It's funny though that this year is literally "record" rain fall. Coming from a part of the country that has real weather, it's really a joke.

LA weather is simply amazing.

© Axiom Message Boards