Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 01:23 AM
After a night of interesting dreams, I awoke to find a most curious menagerie gazing at me from the foot of the bed: a hippo, birdie, two ewes. Now I love animals -- don't get me wrong -- but I couldn't get up to pet them because I'm quite modest when it comes to exposed flesh. You see, beneath the sheets I was as naked as I was 10227 days ago.

Although I admit I've seen these animals precisely 27 times before today, they still catch me by surprise each time.
peter, did you get drunk last night and sleep it off in the zoo, again?
Posted By: bray Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 03:14 AM
"peter, did you get drunk last night and sleep it off in the zoo, again?"
All on your 28th birthday????
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:19 AM
Happy b'day, man. Sorry I didn't call... but I do have a prezzie for you!
Posted By: BrenR Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:46 AM
Happy b-day Peter!

Bren R.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:47 AM
Happy B-day, Peter. Your present should arrive by wednesday at the latest.

No, it's not a Denon 2900.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:48 AM
It's a 5900! We all chipped in and...

ok.

I don't know what it is, and we didn't chip in.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:50 AM
Happy birthday Peter. Um, your post is interesting and it makes me think I'm missing something. . .

Maybe I need to get to bed myself, sans crazy dreams.
Posted By: JohnK Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 08:19 AM
Happy birthday, Peter. The 28 years worth of days with 7 leap-year days is clear enough, but unriddle us the animals.
(singing) hippo, birdie, two ewes....hippo, birdie, two ewes....
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 10:39 AM
Quiet Ken - you're gonna make Peter think it's something expensive.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 11:38 AM
Hippo birdie two ewes,
Hippo birdie two ewes,
Hippo birdie,
Hippo birdie,
Hippo birdie two ewe!

Carefull! Watch those candles!!

Now! Make a wish!!
Rich.
Posted By: Ajax Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 12:31 PM
DUH! I completely missed the "birdie" thing. So, a belated, but no less heartfelt, to you! All the best, Peter.
Posted By: littleb Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 12:44 PM
Happy birthday, Pete. I guess you had a wild night. I don't have any objection to the birdies and the ewes, but hippos! That's just wrong.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 01:04 PM
happy mothers da...., oh.. wait..

happy birthday!!!

(i will join the belated list)

bigjohn
As will I...

Happy Birthday...Belated as it might be.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: SirQuack Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 01:58 PM
Happy B'day big P

Gosh to be 28 again, just a faded memory, I just turned 38
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 04:05 PM
Young, smart, charming.

You make me sick.

Happy Birthday anyway, my friend. Cheers!
Posted By: bray Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 04:25 PM
"Young, smart, charming."

Young and smart maybe, but.........charming?????
Hippo Birdie Peter!

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 04:40 PM
Hippo, birdie, two ewes. . .

Now I get it.

Why did I not catch that before?

Again, Happy Birthday Peter!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 05:31 PM
Well, I couldn't just come out and say it was my birthday, now, could I? That's conceited.
Posted By: Ajax Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:21 PM
SURE YOU COULD! Only the folks here who think you're a PITA would think that it's conceited. OOPS! WAIT! That's just about everybody, so maybe you're right.
Posted By: richeydog Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 06:29 PM
The birthday boy just got spanked. Hehe.
Congrats on your 28th Peter.
happy bday Peter you old coot.

all i could think from seeing that first post was "i need to get some of what he's smoking"
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 07:24 PM
"Well, I couldn't just come out and say it was my birthday, now, could I? That's conceited. "

Ouch, that hurt!

Curse you and your memory. . .
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 08:01 PM
I gave the "birthday sleuths" most of the day to wish me a happy birthday. So when evening came around and there was still no post, I had to take matters into my own hands.

I got cash from my parents and the in-laws, which I used to buy myself a badly needed pair of new hiking boots. I also got a roasting pan from my sister -- very astute of her as I asked to borrow hers about a month ago. There's a mystery gift on its was through the mail from my brother, which should be waiting for me whe I return from Seattle on Wed. And don't forget the TV (from me!) that I got a great deal on last week.

I figure I'll get off easy for my wife's birthday in October. She's already getting a second child, and anything I get her will pale in comparison, so why try....
Posted By: littleb Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 08:25 PM
The old coot just figured it out. I'm a slow learner. Peter, your a class act. I am indeed impressed. I had to beg for birthday wishes, also, but this has to be the most original, creative example I have ever laid eyes on. And I thought you were getting kinky with stuffed animals. Shame one me.
Posted By: Wid Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 09:27 PM

Happy Birthday Peter.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 10:33 PM
Happy B-Day Peter!

Posted By: RickF Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/09/05 11:05 PM
Happy Birthday Peter! And congrats with the 'new addition'! 28? I *think* I remember whenever I was 28, or was that like 33?

I don't about you all but that cake up there of Wid's is scaring the bejeezus out of me.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/10/05 03:01 AM
In reply to:

that cake up there of Wid's is scaring the bejeezus out of me.

You'd be doing that crazy dance, too, if hot was was dripping on your head.
Posted By: BrenR Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/10/05 05:27 AM
In reply to:

You'd be doing that crazy dance, too, if hot was was dripping on your head.

What's that? Was Not Was? They did "Walk the Dinosaur" didn't they?

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/10/05 05:47 AM
wax
Posted By: Ajax Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/10/05 09:52 AM
Would you like to borrow my spell checker?
hell, i just thought he had a stutter. and yeah, that cake is way freaky!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/10/05 03:42 PM
I'll tell you, Peter's certainly gotten a lot of mileage out of his own birthday post. The jab about people not posting about his birthday was particularly interesting--since he didn't post about mine!
I didn't post about mine a couple of weeks ago, but I figured there was no sense in bringing it up unless you were awarded an EP500 or something!
Ummmm.....
Just to double-check: You're not awarded an EP500 or something, are you?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/10/05 06:43 PM
In reply to:

Just to double-check

good thinking!!!

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A funny thing happened this morning... - 05/11/05 01:46 AM
I think I got the last one. Thanks for not posting your birthday!
© Axiom Message Boards