Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Seabear STONES!!! - 05/11/05 12:07 AM
I CANNOT Believe the Rolling Stones are Coming to C-Ville!!!
WHHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
The FREAKING STONES!

Posted By: SirQuack Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 12:24 AM
Enjoy, I saw them back in 81 and they put on one hell of a show, they definately are one of the best bands of all time.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 01:49 AM
I cannot believe the Stones are still alive!!!!!
Posted By: Wid Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 01:52 AM

I would bet neither can they
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 02:11 AM
Still alive!! Sure they should be, they were just kids when I first started enjoying their tunes!

I just knew those other guys would never last, you know, uh, John and um, Paul, and those other two.(I had a Gretsch just like George had, but it was cause of cousin Chet in Nashville, instead)

But sure, the Stones should still be alive, after all, just kids! Just kids!!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 03:27 PM
mick jagger = older than dirt..

keith richards = dirt...

but i would still go see them..

bigjohn
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 04:24 PM
yeah, it was on the front page of the Richmond Times-Dispatch this morning. they're saying the tickets for Scott Stadium are gonna be in the 100 buck range, so i'm definitely gonna have to see em!
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: STONES!!! - 05/11/05 08:29 PM
My brother and I were talking about this yesterday. We'll likely get some tickets and make the short trip down to C'Ville. We saw Dave Matthews play there a few years back - what a great show that was - a real homecoming of sorts.

I saw the Stones on their Voodoo lounge tour, with Counting Crowes. One of a few great concerts I saw that summer. (Including: Pink Floyd - [Division bell maybe?], and Clapton - Cradle to the Grave [blues album]).

Can't hardly wait.
Posted By: Seabear Re: STONES!!! - 05/12/05 01:13 PM
Yeah, If you saw the Garden Show that they showed on HBO a couple of years ago it is pretty obvious that the old guys can still rock. I bought the 4 disc DVD set from that tour, and every time I put it on I just shake my head that these guys can still pull it off as well as they do.
I've already started mining my friends at Music Today for ticket connections. Hopefully someone will come through in case I get hosed on the internet sale.
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: STONES!!! - 05/13/05 02:48 AM
Good grief. They need to be put out of their misery.
Posted By: Zarak Re: STONES!!! - 05/13/05 03:24 AM
I agree...enough already...give it up. They must be desperate for cash to be touring again at their age. I wouldn't go see them if someone gave me a free ticket, but I never was into them either.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: STONES!!! - 05/13/05 01:06 PM
In reply to:

I wouldn't go see them if someone gave me a free ticket

your kidding, right..? that would be a horrible mistake. but, at $100 bucks a pop, i dont think there will be too many handouts.

a friend of mine gave me 2 tickets to go see Bad Company, who are playing here in town on June 2nd. those guys are WAY past their prime.. but, its 2 FREE tickets. i would just be sitting at home watching poker anyway.. i am going!!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Seabear Re: STONES!!! - 05/13/05 01:14 PM
That is ridiculous.
If you do not like their music that is one thing.
But there is no denying that they are still very good at what they do.
Just because someone gets old does not mean that they cannot be good at, and enjoy doing something, that they have been doing for most of their lives.
That smacks of Age Predjudice (sp?)
TjB

Posted By: SirQuack Re: STONES!!! - 05/13/05 02:20 PM
I agree, Paul McCartney is coming to Des Moines very soon to play in our new Event Center "The Wells Fargo Arena" I'm all over that...I have also went to see Clapton, Frampton, Dylan, and others recently.... Must be an age thing KC Mike, I totally appreciate all music from all era's, except rap, and I'm still in my 30's. Oh well I guess that is what makes the world go around.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: STONES!!! - 05/13/05 09:38 PM
KC_Mike,

And what sort of music do you have playing in your ivory tower?

Sheesh.
Posted By: Seabear Re: STONES!!! - 05/20/05 02:13 PM
Got Mine!
Whooooo!!!!!
Upper Deck, 5th row from the top, so I'll be closer to the pigeons than the Stones, but at least I'm in the building.
Freakin' Stones in C-Ville.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: STONES!!! - 05/20/05 02:22 PM
congrats, I'm sure you'll have a great time..
© Axiom Message Boards