Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak CD mixes - 05/11/05 12:14 AM
I got your mix last week Bren. I've made it all the way through once. The first two tracks I have listened to a couple of times. I like those two the best. The other ones (prior to covers) get a bit too punk for me for the most part, but I knew I'd get a good punk sampling from you, so I'm glad I got to check it out. A couple of the covers were decent, but I'd have to listen to them some more.

BigWill, I got your cardboard and bubble wrap CD today I'll have to listen to it in the next couple of days.

I'm still waiting on Spiff Vol #1 and 2...I assume that it is on the way. I'm looking forward to checking that one out as well. I may have one other coming as well....I'm starting to lose track
Posted By: spiffnme Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 12:38 AM
Work has become hell again. I've sent out a few more discs last week. I'll get to the rest as soon as I can. Sorry for the delays.

Posted By: BrenR Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 05:49 AM
In reply to:

I got your mix last week Bren. I've made it all the way through once. The first two tracks I have listened to a couple of times. I like those two the best. The other ones (prior to covers) get a bit too punk for me for the most part, but I knew I'd get a good punk sampling from you, so I'm glad I got to check it out. A couple of the covers were decent, but I'd have to listen to them some more.

I figured you'd like Track 12 - the X-Engine-X song... very Nu-Metal.

The covers... I love the Dust Rhinos cover of "Whiskey in the Jar" - something about an electric fiddle used outside of country... and the Me First cover of Only The Good Die Young... I'm not a Billy Joel fan, but I like the covers of his stuff.

Ken - your disc will be out soon... had a drive strap die on me wiping out the FAT on the new media drive I just installed. I'll burn it tonight.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 06:18 AM
No worries, I'm taking my time on the one I'm doing.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 08:28 AM
I'll borrow your mix from Ken after he's had a chance to ingest it. No sense shipping it out twice within a 10 mile radius. (Plus, this relieves me from underwhelming you with my music!)
Posted By: Zarak Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 12:39 PM
Yes, track 12 was decent as well now that I think about it. I'll give that one another listen. I thought the one with the piper was interesting too, just because it was something different. I remember thinking the one salvaged off vinyl was decent as well. Maybe I need to give a couple of these another listen, now that I think about it.
Posted By: BrenR Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 05:05 PM
In reply to:

I'll borrow your mix from Ken after he's had a chance to ingest it.

It went out today. Judging by USPS speed, it should be there by Monday.

In reply to:

I remember thinking the one salvaged off vinyl was decent as well.

For those playing along at home - that track is an example of a CCIR Grade 2 sample (the radio scale for audio quality - it's purely subjective, but 4 out of 5 engineers will give a sample the same number, so it's pretty standardized) - it's got some serious vinyl clicks and pops, audible wow, and a depressed frequency range. The range goes from 1-5, 5 being pristine.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: CD mixes - 05/11/05 07:42 PM
Geez, I suppose I could have done that. Sorry Mark and Bren! And anyone else who has sent me stuff... don't bother at this point!
© Axiom Message Boards