Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snippy Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 08:07 PM
Dire Straits' album, Brothers in Arms, is getting a release soon in SACD. here is a link to some info on it.

The CD has long been a demo disc, I wonder how it will hold up against some of the other incredible SACD releases.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 08:18 PM
links not working...

bigjohn
Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 08:41 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but I heard months back that The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway was coming to hi-res format this spring -- and now I can't seem to find anything on it anymore. Is it out?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 09:53 PM
fixed link

But if you look at the news page, it says the SACD release only applies to Europe. Looks like the US will only get a DualDisc. We'll have to pay extra for imports.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 10:05 PM
and here's the detailed scoop on the SACD release/non-release.
Posted By: curtis Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 10:06 PM
The SACD version is $35 at Acoustic Sounds. I am debating if it is worth it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/13/05 10:08 PM
Sorry for all these posts, but I just saw that he'll be at the Greek Theater in Berkeley on July 23rd. Sweetness!
Posted By: Thasp Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/14/05 01:02 AM
This is a good CD. I could, however, use a SACD player.

Ignorant question.. are all SACDs/DVDAs around $30+, or just that?

$35 for one album of less than 20 songs is horrible for business. They might as well start suing their customers.

Wait a sec..
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/14/05 01:05 AM
Most SACD's don't cost any more than the standard CD. In fact there are some new re-releases that are hybrid discs...they'll play both a standard cd version, or if you have an SACD player, they'll play the SACD layer. If you don't read the fine print, you'd never know you just bought an SACD. (Most of the new Bob Dylan re-releases are this way)

Though they're rarely on sale, so I guess for practical purposes, they are more expensive.

The $35 they're referring to is for an European import.

Posted By: gem41573 Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/14/05 01:49 AM
Someone will have to make this into a workable link, but this link should bring you to cd-wow, where you can order the BIA SACD for $16.95 shipped free after a $2 discount.

For some reason, when I copy the link, it drops the $2 discount, but $18.95 still is a good price for this. With a workable link, the discount may show up.

http://www3.cd-wow.us/promotion.php...2_1&affid=14282

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 05/14/05 03:51 AM
Ahhhhh! You said "an European"!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 06/02/05 09:50 PM
Well, it's out! Here's a link to purchase. (I'm looking for a better deal now.)
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 06/03/05 01:23 PM
THIS is the cheapest i could find it. but have NO experience with this company.

much better than $34 though..

bigjohn
Posted By: curtis Re: Brothers In Arms in SACD! - 06/05/05 03:33 PM
I got my copy from CD-Wow yesterday, a little over a week since ordering. It was sent from Hong Kong. $19 with free shipping....that is a pretty good deal.

Anyways, the disc is very good, especially since the master recording is 20 years old. The engineers did good on this disc.
© Axiom Message Boards