Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jorge016 An Axiom Moment-Gotta Love Those M-22's. - 06/05/05 01:27 AM
Today my wife and I were sitting on our couch (in the sweet spot) for my system. We had just watched parts of the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD. My wife wanted to hear "New Kid in Town" so I dug out the CD and put it on. She listened for a while and then turned to me and said "I really didn't like the idea of mounting the surround speakers in our living room, but they really make this song sound great". Funny thing was we were listening in stereo at the time. We only sit about 8 feet from the speakers and the sound is pretty enveloping, but I didn't bother to correct her and just enjoyed the moment.
I'm always surprised by what you can hear through a good set of stereo speakers. On Heart's "Very best of" album there is a live recording of Mistral Wind where you can clearly hear a wind noise moving around in two dimensions above the speakers (if you have good speakers). On my M60s the movement seems to be about half the speaker separation wide (maybe 4 feet) and perhaps 2-3 feet vertically.
Posted By: BrenR Re: An Axiom Moment-Gotta Love Those M-22's. - 06/06/05 05:22 AM
In reply to:

you can clearly hear a wind noise moving around in two dimensions above the speakers

One of the Wilsons breaks wind? Oops, misread that.

Bren R.
Gotta be Ann.
© Axiom Message Boards