Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko New Custom Shop page - 06/24/05 10:37 PM
I'm not sure how long it's been like this -- I don't buy Axiom speakers every day -- but I know it's pretty new. The Custom Shop now lets you preview combinations of all the finishes and all the grill cloth colors -- and it updates in real-time!

Great job Axiom!
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: New Custom Shop page - 06/24/05 11:09 PM
Cool.

White should be called iPod white, then all the iPod users can come here add another accessory to the growing pile.

Seriously, though, an all white system including the sub would be really cool. Like these babies:

Concertino

Funny that a company would go to the trouble of this, knowing that the iPod's DAC is known to be pretty bad for an audio device.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Custom Shop page - 06/24/05 11:46 PM
In reply to:

the iPod's DAC is known to be pretty bad

Really?
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: New Custom Shop page - 06/24/05 11:56 PM
That's interesting.

I personally haven't found the sound to be stellar, but it could be my compression (although I think I'm about 320K now for most things). I also can't do better in my car than the cassette adapter.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Custom Shop page - 06/25/05 01:29 AM
I'd say it's the cassette adapter. I don't have a problem with iPod audio from either the 20 GB or the shuffle. Of course, I'm less discerning than others...
Posted By: chesseroo Re: New Custom Shop page - 06/25/05 03:17 AM
Hmm, funny.
I seem to recall someone posting some time ago the suggestion to do this very thing.
If only that person's ID would come to my mind....

Kudos for the update. I think it looks great.
© Axiom Message Boards