Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tarun Tears in my Eyes - 06/27/05 07:12 PM
I just got the best email I have seen in recent months. The subject clearly stated: "Axiom Order Shipped".
I couldnt hold back my emotions....first a scream, then a yell, and then tears of joy trickling down my face.

Now the gut wrenching wait really begins.
Posted By: TNTguy Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/27/05 07:17 PM
Ah, the power of the "golden" email. The power to bring a grown man to tears. It's really like being a kid again on Christmas except you already know what you are getting.

Now for the stretch run. Just look at it this way. You have to wait for a few days but it will put some hair on your chest.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/27/05 07:29 PM
.......it seems like just yesterday.....but with a whopping big gap between "ship" and "arival"

......and I had to clean my own nose prints off the front window.....
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/27/05 07:43 PM
Even though you know what you're getting, moving in the boxes and opening them is a rush all in itself.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/27/05 07:56 PM
Yeah!!....When the last batch of speakers got here I actually wouldn't let the delivery person carry them!

It was lots of fun, also, watching the little ones; all four of them, playing with the empty inner and outer boxes when I got them unpacked and had about an hours' time on the speakers....and knew I wouldn't be sending them back.....

Only one of the kids was tall enough to stand in the box and be able to see out.

I guess you had to be here....
Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 12:35 AM
Ship date
Jun 27, 2005

Estimated delivery
Jun 29, 2005 4:30 PM

OH BOY OH BOY....ALMOST..... LESS THEN 24 HOURS NOW.

Posted By: bugbitten Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 01:20 AM
Last time my 4:30pm arrived at 12:15pm. Who's on watch for the Fedex truck?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 03:07 AM
Just wait until you listen to those Axiom's, your neighbors will have to build a dam to hold back the waters...
Posted By: bridgman Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 03:57 AM
Tarun, make sure you get some sleep tonight. There is no way they are going to show up after the sun goes down.

You will be up late tomorrow night for sure...
Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 12:29 PM
Someone at home will definitely be on the lookout. I usually telecommute on Wednesdays...but of course this week I have issues and so I am in the office. Go figure!!!
I am all caught up on sleep....so now its setup time over the long weekend coming up. Get ready neighbors...and get ready sheet rock.

-Tarun
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 12:31 PM
It's so cool to get speakers before the weekend.... especially a long one.

Don't burn your weiners while revisiting your CD collection!
Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 12:34 PM
Hahahaha. My weiners have a first name its O S C A R.
I think it will have to be slow cooking steaks this weekend....time is of the essence.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 02:22 PM
Yes, time is of the essence, but the way it stops when you are waiting, is certainly not accounted for in Lorentz transformations as such.

Ooooh, a new subatomic particle: the "Timeon"(and it's anti-particle: the "Timeoff", the one that applies here!)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 03:55 PM
Does anyone else find it disturbing to eat foods that have given names?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 07:07 PM
Ya know; there are a lot of things you just don't think about,...like ever!...but then....

How many different ways can you spell "YUCK"??
Posted By: bridgman Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 09:09 PM
So... have they arrived yet ?
Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 09:12 PM
They certainly did.
They are awaiting my arrival at home.
2 hour commute...so maybe tonight.
5 boxes in Excellent condition...from what I hear...now I need to visualy inspect the boxes.

More later.

Posted By: Wid Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 09:18 PM

That's gonna be a LONG 2 hours .
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/29/05 10:27 PM
I predict Tarun won't even notice when midnight rolls past tonight.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 01:21 AM
Well, he should be home now, it's after 9:00.

Wonder what's happening?
Posted By: Zarak Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 01:32 AM
He's too busy getting everything hooked up and doing some listening to get on here and let us know. Don't expect to hear from him tonight!
Posted By: RickF Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 01:39 AM
Give him a week, he'll show up.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 01:43 AM
Yeah guys; I know you're right, but geeez, you'd think he'd at least say a quick "they're here!" or somethin'
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 01:48 AM
Maybe he had a hernia moving them into position?

Maybe he's too busy breaking them in?

Maybe he's feeding in disc and disc in a listening frenzy?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 01:51 AM
Sure... think back to when you were hooking up your speakers. At exactly what point in the hookup would you tear yourself away to go play on the computer ? Huh ? Huh ?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 03:58 AM
Phooie.....Yeah,I was busy doing all the fun things too, yup; like feeding in disc after disc.....the computer was the last thing on my mind. And I only had two speakers to connect up and calibrate; He's got a whole bunch!

Ok, Tarun, you've got some extra time to have fun, but we expect to hear from you sometime soon, early(well, not too early)next month!
Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 02:14 PM
Hey All.

Sorry I couldnt make it last night.
It took me 3 hours to get home because of weather...and when I finally got here I was told that the AC wasnt working. So there I went....totally putting a weight on my heart (after seeing my axiom boxes). The drip pan was full and the ac drain had a hair ball....so an hour or two went by fixing that mess.

However.....I MANAGED to gain enough strength to pop open one m80, one qs8, and the vp150.....looked at them in AWE and loved my color choice. Now I have to get my back straightened out so I can carry all these down to the basement and plug them in.

I am dying here...I need to hear these things...but family and work always comes first...

MORE LATER.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 02:29 PM
Now I have tears in my eyes.

Better Luck today!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 05:07 PM
Yeah,...we understand.

Cripes; most of us have "been there before" and know all too well how such things can conspire against us and our desire to have Just a Little Bit of Fun, when all the really important stuff is taken care of!!

We hope, then, that your back will feel better soon and that you'll continue to gain enough additional strength to get the rest of those monsters into the basement and up and running with as little additional agrevation as possible!

Glad to hear you liked the color; at least one thing went right!!
Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 06/30/05 05:17 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence.
I am sure that I will have enough time to enjoy these marvels... Pictures coming in the next day or two.

Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 07/05/05 08:18 PM
Well the speakers are all unpacked and most of them are installed. The m80's, the vp150, and the 500 were Outlet pieces where as the qs8's were newbies. I honestly cannot find any difference....if there is a scratch on anything I cannot see it.

Pictures will be coming in a few days after its all set and cleaned up.... But my initial impression of my 80's and the 500 are MOTHER OF GOD! These things sound GREAT!

When I started this whole setup I only had one M80 plugged in and was listening to the Police (Wrapped Around Your Finger). My wife mentioned that the floor upstairs had a vibration....with just one M80....now you can imagine what it did with 2 of them and the ep500.

Initial reaction.....where has AXIOM been all my life. Second reaction.......how the heck did I find out about AXIOM. Third reaction....!@()#$%&@#)$(% HK Sent me a BAD Receiver.

Thats it for now.

Posted By: Tarun Re: Tears in my Eyes - 07/05/05 08:20 PM
ps. The reason for the delay is that I decided to purchase a pair of stands for the qs8's and a pair of the metal brackets...

© Axiom Message Boards