Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid Truck speakers - 07/02/05 04:34 AM
Has anyone ever bought car audio equipment from Cardomain .I usually buy from Crutchfield but they don't have the right size speakers to fit the dash of my S 10.

Posted By: freesey Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 07:28 AM
never tried that place, try www.caraudiodeals.com its like an ebay store, sweet prices though
Posted By: RickF Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 10:00 AM
I thought you told me you were gonna go ahead with another set of 80s and the RB 1090 for the truck Rick, isn't that why you bought the Onan generator?

Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 12:39 PM

That would be a bit of a tight fit Rick
Posted By: craigsub Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 12:43 PM
That is true - M-50's should suffice. By the way, Parts Express has some pretty cool car audio gear, too.
Posted By: RickF Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 12:46 PM
In reply to:

That would be a bit of a tight fit Rick

I did the Atkins once, was OK but give the South Beach diet a try. Neighbor uses it and say she likes it. Just do whatever.

Posted By: RickF Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 12:54 PM
Yo Craig, you think maybe even bookshelves? Sounds like ol' Wid is really concerned with usable space inside the cab of that truck.

I hope he's got that thing lowered and chopped with the smoothed out tailgate with the recessed and angled license plate holder....in primer grey of course.

Yea, maybe bookshelves.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 12:56 PM
With a good subwoofer, why not ?
Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 12:57 PM

Nope it's just a stock 4 cylinder Chevy S 10.Good gas mileage though
Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:00 PM

I'm gonna get a sub in time.I haven't really looked at any yet.I know Hsu has a driver for cars,I might go with that.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:19 PM
Parts Express also has car subwoofer enclosures in which you can place the Hsu driver. THAT would sound awesome !
Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:21 PM

That is what I was thinking too.I'll have to take a closer look at it.
Posted By: RickF Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:25 PM
Yea, get that sound system in order. I see you've got the windshield wiper working very good.

Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:31 PM

Only you could come up with something like that
Posted By: craigsub Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:35 PM
Heh heh ... The WAS a pretty good one !
Posted By: RickF Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:35 PM
Hey don't feel too bad Rick, my man Stevie has been in and out this morning. Must have had a heck of a jam session up there with Jimi and Albert last night.

Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 01:38 PM
In reply to:

The WAS a pretty good one

It was wasn't it .
Posted By: michael_d Re: Truck speakers - 07/02/05 03:26 PM
Haven’t bought from them, but have heard of them. I’ve bought from these two.

http://www.thezeb.com/

http://www.cbrstereo.com/

It just depends on what brand I’m looking for. I try to stick with authorized dealers to keep the warrantee. Alpine is pain in ass, they are like Denon and Rotel…..hard to find a good deal on their head units from an on-line dealer.

There’s lots of god subs out there. Many cater to SQ instead of SPL. Not too sure about placing one in an S-10 though. You don’t have much room to place an enclosure with adequate air space.

Posted By: Wid Re: Truck speakers - 07/03/05 01:05 AM

I put in an order to Cardomain today.I got a set of Clarion 4x6s for the dash.They say they will be a perfect fit,I sure hope so.
© Axiom Message Boards