Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bridgman Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/02/05 11:12 PM
Did anyone else see the Floyd set from London ? It was nice to see Waters back with the band, even if it was only for one night. It was a pretty odd set though -- just Breathe and Money, with Gilmour singing lead vocals on both. Waters never really got near the microphone although he was singing up a storm.

I wonder how much the lawyers for Waters and Gilmour made working out what the songs would be, who would sing, who would talk etc...

Anyways, I guess that is the closest I will get to seeing Floyd live. Good thing I didn't fly to England for two songs... although I *was* tempted.
Posted By: bray Re: Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/03/05 03:04 AM
CRAP!!!!!!
I missed it.
Hell, I would of settled just for seeing the two of them in the same room.
Posted By: Merkaba Re: Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/04/05 01:02 AM
I saw what was aired on ctv, but I'm pretty sure they also played Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb.

Breathe and Money were awesome though. I would have loved to be there.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/04/05 01:18 AM
I wondered about that. I ran in the front door just as the announcer was saying "...nk Floyd" and the music started. I was also watching CTV so I assumed that was the concert announcer but maybe it was just someone from CTV. It did seem like Money was the last song they performed though...

Guess we'll have to start looking for the video on the web... or wait for the DVD
Posted By: Amie Re: Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/04/05 01:36 PM
Pink Floyd was BY FAR the highlight of the show! That was amazing!!!
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/05/05 07:11 PM
Go to aolmusic.com
They have a whole video list of artists/songs performed. I watched Pink Floyd this morning. Roger Waters sang on Wish You Were Here & Comfortably Numb. Great stuff!!!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pink Floyd set at Live8 - 07/08/05 06:55 PM
Pretty much all the performances from Live8 -- just the music, not the annoying VJs -- are available in Quicktime format at this website:

http://www.sonician.com/live8/list.html

You can save the clips to your computer, too.
© Axiom Message Boards