Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tarun A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/07/05 11:31 PM
I know we shouldnt discuss daily events...but I felt it necessary that we all take a moment and send out a quick prayer and thoughts for those killed or injured in todays violent outburst in London.

Terrorism is definitely not IN...and I am sure that justice will prevail. However, until that time, we are given grim reminders of reality and thus it doesnt take a lot to spare a second..
Im not a religious person but I freaked out when I heard about the bombings in London, my parents were in England for vacation and I picked them up today from Toronto; apparently their plane left before or during the bombings. I however am an idiot, they were in NewCastle which is like an 8 hour drive to London. Anyways, my thoughts are with those in London as well.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/07/05 11:42 PM
I can only imagine what people who lost loved ones are feeling right now. It's absolutely horrible, and I hope the entire planet unites against those who commit these cowardly acts.
Amen Tarun and Gods peace to everyone, even the non-religious
Posted By: Ajax Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 12:12 AM
I have been trying to compose my thoughts since I heard of these cowardly acts. I've had no success. I am deeply moved, and full of so many emotions that I honestly am at a loss for words. I am not religious, so I hope that those who are will not be offended if I say "may God Bless England and the English people." My affection, respect, and admiration for them all is profound.
Posted By: Wid Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 12:36 AM
In reply to:

I can only imagine what people who lost loved ones are feeling right now. It's absolutely horrible, and I hope the entire planet unites against those who commit these cowardly acts.

I totally agree !

Posted By: Zarak Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 12:43 AM
Not offended Ajax, just suprised that someone that is not religious is still asking for God's blessing. Or are you just not religious in the sense that you don't go to church, not that you don't believe in God? (sorry in advance if this touches of a religious debate, that is not my intention)
Its usually out of respect for others that one will acknowledge their beliefs
Posted By: INANE Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 03:03 AM
I would also like to give my best to the people of Britain.

In reply to:

I hope the entire planet unites against those who commit these cowardly acts.

One can only hope (more like dream).

That said, I truely believe these evil people will not triump in this war.

Unfortunately:

1. There is no negotiating with people who behead innocent civilians with a dull blade.

2. There is no negotiating with people who will shoot small children because they are infidels.

3. There is no negotiating with people who want one thing from us: Our deaths. These terrorists have no interest in peace. They have no interest in "getting along". They don't care if you are black, white, gay or straight. They don't care if you voted for Kerry or Bush.

They want you to die. They want me to die. They want our children to die.

The only way to stop them is to kill the terrorists before they can kill us.
My cousin is visiting here from England and both her daughters work in London. They are both safe and well but one of them was going through King's Cross about 30 minutes before the explosion. That's far too close as far as I'm concerned.

London is such a beautiful and exciting city, my thoughts go out to all Londoners at this time.

Posted By: Tarun Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 04:22 PM
Thank goodness she is ok.

Posted By: EddyZ Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 04:32 PM
We can never let down our guard......ever. Think of how many years it took between attacks on the World Trade Center. They wait until society becomes comfortable that they are safe, relaxing our security protocols, then WHAM!!

God bless those affected by the attack in London. God bless all freedom loving countries.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 06:44 PM
Why ask god to bless specific groups and not others? I say the people that need the blessing most are those doing evil. It could change their hearts...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 07:00 PM
I found this interesting perspective from a Londoner today.
Posted By: EddyZ Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 07:07 PM
Not trying to leave anyone out. I'm sure there's a plan for everyone!
Posted By: Ajax Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 07:42 PM
Oh BOY! Did I love THAT. Thanks, Peter.
Posted By: Tarun Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 07:45 PM
Interesting indeed.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 08:02 PM
That rocks!
That's what I'm talkin' about!
That is a beautiful letter.
BTW, I see no harm in beseeching God to favor our side and condemn the others. Good/bad, right/wrong, ying/yang, etc...
Posted By: rcvecc Re: A Prayer and Thoughts for those in London - 07/08/05 09:30 PM
if they deliver,ill subscribe to that newspaper
An interesting quote ... "Why go after and try to kill tigers, when there are so many sheep ?" Source - al Qaida
© Axiom Message Boards