Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 09:36 AM
For the first time in my 18+ months on this board, I clicked on "Who's Online" only to find I was the only registered member listed. I felt abandoned. I know I showered; I brushed my teeth. Do you think the time of day had anything to do with it?

The only other question I had was "who were those two anonymous weirdos that were perusing the board at this ridiculous time of day"?
Posted By: craigsub Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 10:54 AM
Jack, We all just wanted to allow you some time to exercise some personal hygiene. Word had gotten to us that you were kinda ripe
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 11:10 AM
I'd say I'm over-ripe! But, it has nothing to do with hygene.
Posted By: craigsub Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 11:12 AM
Heh heh ... Time to make coffee for da Missus.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 11:46 AM
I've had that happen a fair number of times...usually between 5 and 6am EST. Sometimes, the only other person on is Amie, and it just always seems rude to not buy her a virtual coffeee or something!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 02:08 PM
Even Amie abandoned me.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 03:58 PM
That happens to me all the time. I don't know what you people are doing on Friday nights...
Posted By: Amie Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 04:58 PM
We, of course, are working on secret new products all night on Friday nights. We have a wonderful group of selfless friends who come over and test, test, test with us. {giggles}
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 06:32 PM
I just meant everyone. I mean, abandoned after 9. People do stuff on Friday evenings?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 07:35 PM
We have TWO groups who help with the tests.....

Aged eleven and under until about 9:30PM or so ....

And nearly ancient from then on....

Not secrets, but a lot of fun regardless
(looking foreward to the 25th......)
Posted By: Wid Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/20/05 10:10 PM

I get to the boards at 5:15 to around 5:45 am every weekday morning.Not to much traffic at that time of the day.I see Mark on every now and then.
Posted By: bray Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 01:35 AM
Why is it the older you get the earlier you get out of bed?
Hmmmmmm.

Jack,4:36 A.M. ??????

Posted By: littleb Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 01:58 AM
I think I'd like to hear more about this stuff.
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 02:08 AM
Well, it was 4:36 your time, but 5:36 my time. If it makes you feel any better, that was the time I posted, but I actually was awake at 4:36 my time. I knew I shouldn't have eaten that pasta and ground beef at 11 PM, the night before.
Posted By: bray Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 02:54 AM
I'm finding it really hard not to make old people jokes.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 03:05 AM
It's not the pasta and beef -- it's the prune juice.
Posted By: bray Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 03:15 AM
Thanks Peter!
Posted By: INANE Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 04:00 AM
I'm way more likely to be still up at 5am vs waking up at 5am.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 06:03 AM
That used to be true of me, as well. Playing an addictive computer game in a room with no windows is very dangerous.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 10:53 AM
I was always a late-night person until my wife took over as supervisor in her department at the hospital and started going in to work for 6 am or 6:30.

If I'm up at night, it means I have to tip-toe so quietly with anything I do...effectively, if I'm doing anything other than sitting at a computer I chance waking her up. So, like it or not, I'm forced to be more of a morning schedule.

I have to admit it: If I can make the time for a walk I really enjoy the morning light, quiet and lack of heat. And I can get a lot of work done in the mornings when the phone isn't ringing.

But I'll be damned if I can convince myself of this every night. I still want to stay up late and just end up with a short night's sleep every night!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 12:37 PM
In reply to:

I'm way more likely to be still up at 5am vs waking up at 5am.

HEY! I was a professional musician all my life. We often wouldn't get off stage until 2 AM. By the time we tore down the sound system, loaded out, paused for a little refreshment, and drove home, it was easily 5 AM before the head hit the pillow.

Even before that, I was a night person. I attended a local extension of Ohio State, and my classes were at night, finishing around 11 PM. I'd go home and study until 2 AM. This was in the days when we had only about 6 TV channels, and all would be off the air by midnight. I LOVED studying at night when it was quiet, and there were no distractions. Got a heck of a lot done, I can tell you.

At 2 AM, a nearby bowling alley would lower it's rates to 20 cents per game. We'd bowl until 5 AM, hit the Royal Castle for breakfast (or burgers and home fries), and head for bed.

My problem, today, is I'm still a late night retirer, but my aging body won't let me sleep past 7 AM.

And you guys go right ahead with the "old" jokes. I honestly don't mind. Just remember, though. You're making fun of YOUR OWN FUTURE. And, believe me. That future will be the present all too soon.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 12:43 PM
Heh....

...heh....

....heh

(couldn't agree more)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 08:58 PM
Same thing happened to me not that long ago Jack. I was the only member, but there was like 20 Anonymous users.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 10:57 PM
I wonder how many members ran "Anonymous" just cause they never got around to changing "check marks" on the "my home" page?

I know of one who just did
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 11:02 PM
Guilty as charged, F107. Thanks to boredom one evening I started tinkering with things and did away with the anonymous setting.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/21/05 11:17 PM
Yup.....know what you mean!

I....uh....just changed mine.....

um...... 'bout half hour ago

Oops
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/22/05 09:50 AM
Holy Guacamole! It's even worse this morning. Just me and one anonymous browser.

..... Me and my shadow.......all alone and feelin' blue.....
Posted By: oz350z Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/22/05 10:01 AM
Jack
That was the good old days. A bag full of belly bombers some fries and then home to bed. Sweet dreams are made of this.
oz
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/22/05 10:23 AM
Yeow!.....I should have gotten on!

I was up at 5:30.....youngest Grand daughter not feeling well due to shots for school. (The last one-of four-will be starting school this fall-yea!!)

I got on line when she fell back asleep, but only looked to see how the latest soon-to-be-hurricane was doing,(looks like it may leave us alone)

Tried to get back to sleep......

......oh well......
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/22/05 10:40 AM
Belly Bombs!!.....Ah yes....the good 'ol White Castle

While we had White Castle in the area, we also had a White Castle clone right in our own little town that was more convenient at 2:00-4:00AM(and often later)

When we were first married, the wife and I would customarily stay up every other night during the summer and go Bike riding all night, just exploring.

Visit a town we'd never seen before and hunt up their all-night-diners.

The scary part was leaving the Bike unattended!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm SOOOO Alone! - 07/22/05 11:53 AM
In reply to:

...belly bombers..

LOL! Never heard that term, Dan. But it sure is apt, isn't it? I long for the days when I could eat anything, at any time, and not pay for it. I suppose 50+ years of doing just that is why I can't do it today.

F107, That all-night bike riding sounds like it was a LOT OF FUN. I'd have loved doing that. What a GREAT idea, and a neat thing to share with one's wife/partner/friend!

One of my favorite things in life has been, crawling into bed around midnight with a book I'm REALLY enjoying a whole bunch, and then reading until 6 AM. I still do it now and then, but most of the time, I can't keep my eyes open that long.
© Axiom Message Boards