Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Rock_Head Mark Knopfler - 08/02/05 07:24 PM
For all you Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler fans, I saw the last show of his current tour on Sunday night. This has to be one of the more memorable concerts I have seen in years (it didn't hurt being 5 rows from the stage in a small theatre). Fantastic selection of songs from his solo work as well as Dire Straits classics (Telegraph Road, Sultans, Money for Nothin etc.). A full 2 1/2 hours of excellent musicianship from Mark and band! Made me want to dig out my old Dire Straits cd's and have another listen.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mark Knopfler - 08/03/05 01:16 AM
Damn I'm jealous. And only 5 rows back! I mean to see Mark live before he/I die.
Posted By: bray Re: Mark Knopfler - 08/03/05 02:32 AM
Me tooo!
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Mark Knopfler - 08/03/05 03:25 PM
Peter,
re: see Mark live before he/I die...
Those were my sentiments. I have missed seeing him the last few tours. It was definitely worth the wait. My wife and I were originally going to see him at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA however our vacation plans were put on hold. As it turned out, we only had to drive a 1/2 hour to see him vs. flying to CA.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Mark Knopfler - 08/03/05 03:37 PM
Definitely worth the effort. I got to see Dire Straits in a local university arena a long time ago before they were so well known... didn't know much about the group but was totally blown away by Mark's performance and musicianship. From a pure musical perspective maybe the best concert I have ever attended.
© Axiom Message Boards