Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 12:13 PM
Anyone see Foxtrot in this morning's paper?

Sure looks like M80s, a VP150 and an EP500 to me! He could have drawn some Bose or Polk or Infinity….but it really looks like Axioms (except for the lack of QS-8s… too hard to draw?) Yellow highlighting done by me...not on original!

Congratulations Ian... you made the comics!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 02:47 PM
That's pretty cool! I definitely agree that the fronts, center, and sub look like Axioms. Especially the sub. Now the only question is how come there are no QS8s????
Posted By: darren700 Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 03:21 PM
wow thats awesome, bill probably has some axioms
Posted By: Ajax Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 03:28 PM
In reply to:

wow thats awesome, bill probably has some axioms

Betcha Amie could tell us if he does.

Are there are any other center channels that use that configuration? I don't know of any. Gotta be Axioms, don't ya think?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 03:38 PM
As far as I know, the 150 is the only CC that uses that configuration.

Considering the sub, center and towers are all a perfect match, it would really have to be one hell of a coincidence!

And, FWIW, I didn't word something properly in my first post. I didn't mean to write that a QS-8 would be too difficult for an artist to draw (!) but rather that the design would not be as "understandable" to most readers as a more typical bookshelf would be. Also, there's no port on the "M80", but again, most people wouldn't understand what that extra little circle on the bottom of the speaker was. If I were drawing the strip, I would avoid drawing in the port and putting quadpolar-design speakers in there as well! That makes me think that even though there's a few minor inconsistancies with a typical Axiom setup, they're inconsistant for good reason and therefore earn even more credence that it really is an Axiom setup!
Posted By: darren700 Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 04:29 PM
dont forget the ohm ratings also match up
Posted By: Montclair Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/21/05 04:53 PM
I vote it's an Axiom setup. The surrounds are listed as 6 ohm like a QS-8, but the M2i was drawn for simplicity of understanding by the general population like Mark suggests.

Pretty cool. This just has to get filed with the manuals for my system.

Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/22/05 12:19 AM
ya know, i saw that right after midnight and I was gonna post about it but I got tied up at work. Even came here to verify the driver arrangement on the 150 and the port on the 500! even though the 80's are missing the ports in the comic, it's way too close to be a coincidence!
Posted By: HAY Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/22/05 02:46 AM
That is too cool
Posted By: JohnK Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/22/05 04:02 AM
Definitely Axiom
Posted By: bray Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/22/05 12:03 PM
Hmmmmmm???
I wonder if Bill is one of us on here the boards?
Maybe Darren700s dad.
Posted By: darren700 Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/22/05 11:21 PM
yeah, hes my dad; jason in the comic is modeled after me.....

lol, that would be cool, then i'd have a epic 80 500 sysyem in my house (drools)
Posted By: bridgman Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 02:56 AM
I emailed Bill, we'll see what he says.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 03:21 AM
Great.

Now I'll get in trouble for copyright infringement for posting it. If I get sued, I'll never be able to afford to replace your current QS-8 stands for you.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 03:24 AM
I've gotten a reply from him, and I've asked him if it's OK to post it. If he says yes, I'll do so.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 09:24 AM
Well, I asked Bill if the speakers in the strip were inspired by Axioms and his reply was.

"It certainly does appear that Peter Fox has been browsing the Axiom web site. I think he wants M80s just to show up my M60s."

So, while young Peter appears interested in M80s, Mr. Amend is a member of the M60s posse. It was very nice of him to take the time to reply.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 01:31 PM
Poor Bill. Do you think we *all* emailed him ?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 02:54 PM
Oh, that's just too cool. I was afraid that he had simply googled Home Theater or something.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Foxtrot this morning (wide photo) - 08/23/05 03:39 PM
Yeah, it is pretty cool. I wish my local newspaper still carried Foxtrot. They dropped it years ago. One of the few cartoons I really enjoyed.
© Axiom Message Boards