Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hopkinj4 Computer Speakers - 09/11/05 05:34 PM
I love the sound of Axiom sooo much that I practically have to be pulled out of my theater. When I'm not in the theater, I'm at my computer.... that got me thinking. Axiom should make PC speakers... like a 2.1 and 5.1 setup. I would buy them in a heartbeat!!! I know Axoim makes the Epic Midi - 125 but $1254 is just a little too expensive for PC speakers.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Computer Speakers - 09/11/05 05:53 PM
A number of people run M2s and a leftover stereo amp/receiver on their PCs. At least one upgraded them to M22s, then built a home theater around them instead...

I would go with M3s myself and probably not bother with a sub...
Posted By: kaid Re: Computer Speakers - 09/12/05 12:40 AM
You could use one of these amps if you don't have an extra one lying around.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Computer Speakers - 09/12/05 11:51 PM
I have a pair of M2i's on my computer. Running though an old JVC receiver we've had for years. LOVE it. I'd rather listen to that simple 2-channel setup over any of the "computer speaker" 5.1 systems any day.

Posted By: hopkinj4 Re: Computer Speakers - 09/13/05 12:14 AM
I have a spare RCA receiver around the house. I could use that I'm sure. I'm really thinking about going with some m3's like bridgman said. And without a doubt, anything axiom would sound excellent. P.S. Thanks for the link Kaid.
Posted By: Thasp Re: Computer Speakers - 09/23/05 05:51 PM
I use M22tis and a STF-2 with my PC as it is my main source for audio. They rock.

M2is, a cheap HK stereo receiver, and a STF-1 should be good for a "traditional" computer setup however, where the speakers go on the desk, and the desk against a wall.
Posted By: oz350z Re: Computer Speakers - 09/23/05 11:21 PM
M3's and no sub, that is my plan in the very near future.
oz
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Computer Speakers - 09/24/05 12:11 AM
M2i's and a STF-1 would be the envy of nearly any computer. Nice idea.

Posted By: hopkinj4 Re: Computer Speakers - 09/30/05 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Computer Speakers - 09/30/05 04:42 PM
In reply to:

M2i's and a STF-1 would be the envy of nearly any computer. Nice idea.

I think I'd rather have my computer-speaker setup than a pair of M2i speakers...

I used to have a pair of M2i speakers that I used as computer speakers and they were quite nice.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Computer Speakers - 09/30/05 07:54 PM
Yeah, well you're just a weirdo with expensive taste. Oh wait, that's practically everyone here.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Computer Speakers - 09/30/05 08:55 PM
Haha yep... We all are in that same boat.
© Axiom Message Boards