Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bridgman Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 04:36 AM
Remember how PO'd I was when I wanted to rent Finding Nemo to check out the Darla Tap scene, picked up Shark Tale by mistake, watched the whole movie TWICE looking for the &*^%(*& tap scene...

Turned out that neither of the local video stores carry Finding Nemo but both have about 55 copies of Shark Tale. I didn't feel like paying full price (Disney Don't Discount) and had pretty much given up on hearing Darla doing her Tap thing.

I was so despondent that I actually started cleaning up the house. What do I find up in the room where presents are wrapped ? A copy of Finding Nemo, bought on sale last Christmas. I guess I bought it as a present for myself and completely forgot about it.

Well, heading downstairs to crank up the system. Will let you know.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 04:43 AM
Now that is a good story, I'm actually laughing...

By the way, how is your foot doing? Aren't you the one that dropped one of those Axiom spikes on top of your foot a few months back.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 04:54 AM
In reply to:

Remember how PO'd I was when I wanted to rent Finding Nemo to check out the Darla Tap scene, picked up Shark Tale by mistake, watched the whole movie TWICE looking for the &*^%(*& tap scene...

Turned out that neither of the local video stores carry Finding Nemo but both have about 55 copies of Shark Tale. I didn't feel like paying full price (Disney Don't Discount) and had pretty much given up on hearing Darla doing her Tap thing.

I was so despondent that I actually started cleaning up the house. What do I find up in the room where presents are wrapped ? A copy of Finding Nemo, bought on sale last Christmas. I guess I bought it as a present for myself and completely forgot about it.

Well, heading downstairs to crank up the system. Will let you know.

LMAO

My gawd, that was funny!

In reply to:

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing"

Are you sure you really know what you're doing?

Sutter

Posted By: bridgman Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 04:57 AM
The foot has healed. The spike was on somewhat of an angle so there was a lot of pain but not a lot of damage.

So.. just got back from meeting Darla. Nasty little kid, huh ?

It's definitely "Doom Doom Doom", not "Tap Tap Tap"
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 05:13 AM
When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would come up to me about a month after Christmas and hand me a toy. She was good at hiding things from my prying eyes. Sometimes too good.

Great story, John.

Small pet peeve--"Finding Nemo" is not Disney, but Pixar.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 06:00 AM
In reply to:

When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would come up to me about a month after Christmas and hand me a toy. She was good at hiding things from my prying eyes. Sometimes too good.

An annual event at our home was my Mother coming down the stairs sometime in February, with one or two packages in her hand that she had forgotten. It was like having two Christmases every year.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 11:26 AM
I thought my mom was the only one lol. we always make fun of her about it.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 06:49 PM
Which part of the movie are you talking about? Which chapter? I will have to check it out.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/19/05 07:02 PM
It is when Nemo is in the Aquarium, and Darla that nasty little girl comes over and taps on the glass, Thump Thump Thump, it will rock the room if you have the sub calibrated correctly.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/20/05 03:55 AM
ROFLMAO!

Hilarious.

You sure the tap scene isn't in Spongebob Squarepants? There should be cataclysmic LFE in all fish cartoons, don't you think?

Twice. I'm going to be chuckling over this for a week.

Thanks, John.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Found Nemo !! - 11/20/05 04:07 AM
That's a very funny story John! I can see you searching thru Sharktail for that part. Nemo is much better.

----------
So.. just got back from meeting Darla. Nasty little kid, huh ?

It's definitely "Doom Doom Doom", not "Tap Tap Tap"

------

I think this is a great scene, from the perspective of the fish. Certainly the sound is DOOM DOOM DOOM, and then they cut to the outside of the tank and you hear Darla's finger, tap tap.
© Axiom Message Boards