Axiom Home Page
I have always been curious why there seems to be a pretty big number of non-Axiom owners that frequent this forum? I'm sure there are various reasons, but I was wondering if some of you could provide feedback.

I'm guessing some of you were former Axiom owners, but like the neighborhood so much you come back from time to time. Others probably have Axiom buddies that have referred you to this nice community.

Anyway, I was just curious. If your shy and don't want to disclose your secret I'll understand...

I think it is a good think that you all come around these parts. I've learned so much from everyone.

Randy

I just happened upon these boards one day while researching speakers. Everybody seemed pretty friendly, good vibe going here, and decided to sign on. At the time I didn't feel completely out of place because I owned some Axiom cables. Pretty inclusive bunch, no matter what speakers one owns.
I don't own Axiom speakers....yet. I am in the middle of what appears to be a long haul in terms of finishing my basement; shich will include a dedicated home theater / media room.

I do spend a lot of time researching and by chance came across the Axiom web site. I currently only have front speakers and am loking at the QS8s for surrounds. I can not buy them until the room is complete. This is mostly due to the lack of square footage for storage.

While browsing this site I came across the Message Boards and started browsing. My first post was to answer someone's question about power bandwidth.

There are some knowledgeable people who hang around this board. On top of that there appears to be a real sense of commmunity, if can say that. It is almost like picking a neighborhood where you want to live, not just visit.
Sean, don't you have M40's ?
I would also like to know.........why so many Axiom owners here, seem to frequent other audio sites as well.
Yes, Randy. I should have mentioned that when I joined the boards I did not own the M40s. What I was thinking in my head is that even without the M40s I'd still be a member here.

Note to self--must work on transferring ALL important info into words while typing. Guess I figured you guys would get my drift because my computer comes equiped with a cybertelepathy program. . .

What, yours doesn't?

To funny Sean, I like checking out everyone's profiles...I was thinking, what is this dude talking about, he has Axiom's. Not to many people can say they are one of the few, the proud, the m40 posse.
It came with a free Member's Only jacket. I hope everybody else got their's.

I still have my Members Only jacket from back in the early 80's. It doesn't fit me anymore, but I just can't let it go...

thanks for the laugh
In reply to:

I still have my Members Only jacket from back in the early 80's.

Along with your hidden collection of Miami Vice, right!

Sutter
I almost feel ashamed to say that I have a Members Only jacket in some box somewhere.
Hi!
I for one, chanced upon this site by accident. Actually let me rephrase it, I bumped into Axiom as a product, by pure chance. I was intrigued by the rave reviews on the Internet and hit upon the website for Axiom.

At one point in time, I was considering buying them because I was in the market for a bang-for-the-buck speaker system and based on the reviews and user experiences, Axiom fitted the bill quite nicely. So, I used to prowl the web-site checking out different configurations and specifications.

Then I saw the link for the forum, and was haunting it for awhile reading user experiences and thoughts. I posted a few questions which were answered by Ajax and Alan among others and found everyone here to be very friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and most of all FUN!

Sadly, when I was ready to buy the goodies, I found out that the shipping cost to where I live and the customs duty (more than double the cost price!!!)would be more than what I could foot and had to drop the plans. But I am not going for anything else just yet and hoping to get my dream set of Axioms! I am digressing....Anyways I kept coming back to the forum for reviews and opinions on other components that I had in mind and sometime during that I started enjoying all the posts here, notwithstanding the ones that I was looking for!

Most of the posts are very entertaining and extremely funny!!I especially enjoy the posts of Ajax, craig(i think), the-big-eye-avtar-guy, and many others that I really can't recall by name right now! So the forum slowly became a kind of an addiction, and a website to go for laughs!

I'm sure there are others who are regulars here who come here for the sheer joy of meeting other people, to have a nice time, and help each other, without actually owning a single Axiom component!

This is one place, you guys are going to have trouble evicting me from!!;)

Hey Bray-
Is one of us the big-eye-Avatar-guy? DK didn't specify one big eye or two...(?)

Oh, that's right... Bray is heading to East Bum....(umm never mind) for Thanksgiving. I'll have to assume it's me and let my ego get fed as well as my waistline over the next couple of days!

DKFan-
Out of curiosity, here do you live that shipping wasn't free?
Thanks, dk. Nice of you to mention me. I'm glad SOMEBODY enjoys my verbose blathering.

I'm a regular at the Axiom forum because a LOT of very nice people can be found here who have a LOT of knowledge and are willing to share that knowledge. Also, whether they be novice or expert, I consider the vast majority of them friends. We try, very hard, to keep in mind that the goal is to help folks obtain a system that provides them with as much joy as our own provides us.

In addition, I am a former Axiom owner who remains a devoted fan of Axiom the company, the people who work there, and it's products. I feel Axiom speakers are a terrific value, and have no qualms about recommending them when I feel they are the right choice for a given individual.

Yeah, dk,...not to sound like a Star Wars fan(which I am, by the way)but,..."Darn Trade Federation"!!

Hopefully some bureaucrat will change some trade laws soon and you'll be able to get your dream set.

There is only one time(OK, a number of times)when this forum Isn't a whole lot of fun; It's when you log on and find there isn't a topic you feel qualified to respond to But, what the hey...if I could respond to everything, I'd probably have another question to post.....

....anybody know a good divorce lawyer in this area??

Keep on postin'!!
Rich.

Hi Mark,
I believe I was referring to you, sir! Sorry for replying a li'l late though!

I live in India, so I guess that's a 'wee' bit farther from the US to get free shipping! I really don't mind paying for shipping, it's like asking Eva Mendez to come over and spend the weekend with you and 'not' wanting to foot the 1st-class return! It's the custom's duty that would absolutely kill me. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit till I can foot both, as I have one huge stack of un-opened CDs/SACDs/DVD-Vs waiting for the arrival of the Axioms!;)

Ajax:
Always a pleasure!

Hi F107,
Like you said, I'm waiting and hoping for the 'bureaucrats' to change their minds about things, cuz I'm thinking not one of those good-for-nothing pen-pushers that are here are audiophiles!!!!
Ms. Mendez can certainly afford her own taxi to my apartment. As soon as she gets here I'll tell her so.

Excuse me while I go hold my breath. . .
LOL!
but sadly, no cabby without amphetamines loaded, would drop her in INDIA!
It's a shame you couldn't find out just Which bureaucrat you were dealing with...perhaps a set of M2s or M3s under the table could get your Dream Speakers thru the border more easily....not only that, it may also create that audiophile pen-pusher that's so drastically needed

You would then also qualify as the "Furthest from Dwight" entry in the "Where in the World" thread!!
Ahh! The "Furthest from Dwight" entry in the "Where in the World" thread is indeed enticing.

Unfortunately, if I have to push a set of M2s or M3s to everyone in the chain, I'd need enough money to buy perhaps 3 Epic 80 systms with a 600 sub in each! Catch22!
Aw rats,....not just one guy,..eh?

This ain't gonna be easy

Lets see..If Eva Mendez COULD be enticed over for a visit, and if SHE could get the speakers across the border.........

....after all, those CDs and DVDs can't be expected to wait forever
I like your thinkin'. . .
The fly in the ointment is, I don't think I can afford both the beauties, it's either Messrs.Axiom or Mslle.Mendez, arghhh!
Well, strike that! Don't think I can ever entice Ms.Mendez to come! Guess ill just hafta see what I can do bout Messrs.Axiom!
So the Wife, this morning asks: That happens at the border if you should receive a, um, for lack of a better word,(a shhh...pre-paid)"gift" from Ian and Amie; you know, for "International Good Will and to Open up new Markets"(heh heh heh)
Hmmmmmm! Now, why don't I just become a pen-pusher then??? Plus, I aint too sure if music matters to these people in the first place to appreciate the, uhmmm... gift! :P
Yeah,....I see your point.

And while Axiom makes extreemly good speakers, I don't know if they are Good Enough to change employment.....and become....

.....one of Them
© Axiom Message Boards