Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Just got done watching War Of the Worlds.. - 11/29/05 10:10 PM
Damn, you guys were not kidding when you said this movie sounds great! My EP 500 was shaking the house down!!

I think im one of the few that actually thought this movie was pretty damn good. Seems like everything I ever heard about it was bad.
Posted By: Wid Re: Just got done watching War Of the Worlds.. - 11/29/05 10:21 PM

I liked the movie too.It sure had my VFT 2 working over time.
I think Dakota stole the show!

Posted By: GregM Re: Just got done watching War Of the Worlds.. - 11/30/05 12:02 AM
Did you switch the audio track to DTS? If not watch the lightning strikes at 15:30 into the movie again. Your windows will break with that sub.

Greg
>>Seems like everything I ever heard about it was bad.

Depends on what you're looking for. The visuals were great, the soundtrack was awesome, the plot was uneven, the character development was... well, it wasn't, and the only good acting was the kid (but Dakota Fanning still can't hold a candle to Danielle Harris -- Willis's daughter in The Last Boy Scout).
Posted By: MJS Re: Just got done watching War Of the Worlds.. - 11/30/05 02:51 AM
Sorry, I severely disliked the extreme "artistic" liscense taken with regards to the plot. Call me a purist but there are some stories that don't need help in my never-to-be-humble opinion. That being said, with all the buzz about the sizzilingly hot soundtrack I will probably buy it. The bride got a good laugh about that this afternoon...after all of the ranting I did leaving the theater only a couple of months past. According to her I am apparently "lost" to this new hobby of mine.

/Jack
Welcome to the Dark Side. . .
Ya, I watched the whole thing in DTS. I will have to watch it again in Dolby to see if I notice a difference.
I just watched it this weekend as well...definitely a great workout for the sub!

I was unaware there was a DTS track on it though...I'll have to check that out.
You just have to listen to the lightning strikes sequence to hear the difference.
© Axiom Message Boards