Axiom Home Page
Posted By: craigsub Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 09:09 PM
It appears the fine folks at Axiom did what needed to be done, hopefully this rare example in which I actually shut up aided the process ...

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 09:12 PM
It couldn't hurt.

This was a joke, I swear! Really!

Seriously.

I just couldn't resist the setup is all!
Posted By: richeydog Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 09:21 PM
Does this mean we can call you a newbie, at least for a day?
Posted By: Wid Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 09:25 PM
Welcome back Craig.
Posted By: jakeman Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 09:43 PM
Yes I agree with Mark. Maybe if Craig stays quiet long enough peace will break out in the Middle East next.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 09:57 PM
Oh hell! There goes the neighborhood!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 10:29 PM
Great news that your back. I look forward to continued posts about systems and sound.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 10:30 PM
Damnit - I checked back in on the soap-opera only to find it wiped off the face of the earth.

I gather that some harsh words were spoken, and that our Finnish friend (whose name actually escapes me) caused some feathers to be ruffled? Does someone want to fill us in on how Craig came to eb "re-instated"? Were you "un-instated" at some point, Craig, or is this thread just your tiumphant return now that the AVS123 stuff has blown over?

Just curious.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/05/05 10:47 PM
Hey ya Capn - It was a temporary, self imposed ban here to allow the forum to handle the situation at hand.

Between Ian and the forum members, it is pretty clear the job got done.

As the thread which was the center of this was titled "Banned on AVS"... "Reinstated on Axiom.com" was intended as humor.

Now ... For Mark Johnson and Jakeman ... ...

For everyone else ....
Posted By: GregM Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 01:56 AM
Why were you banned? I hope this place doesn't ever get to be like AVS.

Greg
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 02:12 AM
I was banned for vigorously defending companies like Axiom and AV123 from unwarranted product slams and attacks against the ownership of the 2 companies.

This stuff goes back over a couple year period, so it is a really LONG story.
Posted By: SirClyde Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:07 AM
welcome back Craig
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:20 AM
Thanks ... You guys sure .... took care of business.
Posted By: jakeman Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:26 AM
In reply to:

Why were you banned? I hope this place doesn't ever get to be like AVS.

Greg

I thought it was over that terrible joke about the club and the lady golfer.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:28 AM
I think it should be made clear that Craig's hiatus from THIS forum was self imposed, and not an administrative decision. He was banned at AVS for the above reasons.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:56 AM
WHICH we do not need to get into here. At all. Ever. Again. Never never never.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 04:42 AM
Ken, while I'm in complete agreement with you, if some wiseguy shows up here and calls Ian a liar, with apologies to all, I don't intend to let it pass unchallenged. It's one thing to ignore the odd troll who stops by to stir the pot; it's quite another to ignore an irresponsible attack on the integrity of Axiom. If you, and others, disagree and prefer to avoid participating, I would understand completely, and not be critical of your position. Although it may not seem like it, I loathe the strife that kind of thing brings to this relatively peaceful place. But, doggone it, there is a time to stand up and respond.
Posted By: RickF Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 04:48 AM
You know whenever I first read Ian's response to that thread the immediate thought in my mind was how much class Ian had in the way he handled the situation...and that's the same class that is prevalent with all of the Axiom folks.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 05:34 AM
I agree fully. I just don't want to bring him back by rehashing.

Same objective, different approach.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 05:35 AM
Amen to that!!!!
Posted By: RickF Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 05:40 AM
In reply to:

...and that's the same class that is prevalent with all of the Axiom folks.

And this holds true for just about every person in these forums as well, 'cept for that Jinx fella ... he's a little different.
Posted By: bray Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 06:31 AM
Come on guys. Jinx is just excited and A.D.H.D. about his new found speaker purchases.... give em a break.
Although some of his posts boggle the mind, they are all somewhat good spirited.
Plus, they make me feeel young and dumb again. Just an opinion.
Posted By: GregM Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:39 PM
Craig,

I thought your ban here was by the admins. That part I missed. I did see the thread on being banned at AVS. The subject line threw me off.

Greg
Posted By: Wid Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:45 PM
I thought Craigs self imposed ban was a class act imo.He knew we would some how take care of things ourselves.That goes to show ya who in the debate has class and of course we know who didn't.Once again welcome back Craig.
Posted By: RickF Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 03:53 PM
In reply to:

Come on guys. Jinx is just excited and A.D.H.D. about his new found speaker purchases.... give em a break.
Although some of his posts boggle the mind, they are all somewhat good spirited.
Plus, they make me feeel young and dumb again. Just an opinion.

Hey I didn't say anything bad about the guy, just, that he's...well, different.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 06:55 PM
Another vote for "stop picking on Jinx"...
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 07:56 PM
Ok,...no problem then:!!

Cool!

Welcome back Craig.

Welcome back Jinx.

Rich.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/06/05 09:09 PM
In reply to:

I don't intend to let it pass unchallenged

I for one am grateful that you (Ajax) were on the boards and able to respond. By the time a logged on, all I could do was agree that IR should leave. Shortly after, the thread was deleted.

I'm too new to audio to understand the numbers that are thrown about, but thank you for saying what needed to be said.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 12:11 AM
Craig - you are a class act all the way around.

Looks like I will be able to spend a little time back noodling around in the forum, so it'll give me a chance to harass you a bit .

Ray
Posted By: oz350z Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 12:23 AM
Good to have you back Craig. I don't know where you get the energy to fight the battles I have seen you fight. Mostly in the other forums of course.
oz
Posted By: SirClyde Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 01:14 AM

Posted By: RickF Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 01:14 AM
>>>> Craig - you are a class act all the way around. <<<<

It's going to go to his head if we keep on telling him this Ray!

>>>> "Looks like I will be able to spend a little time back noodling..." <<<<

'Noodling'??

Ray you are one tough cookie!
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 01:22 AM
Thanks to all for the warm return welcome after the 3 day, self imposed exile. You guys really settled things quickly !

As for going to my head - having been a member here for almost 2 years, I have seen first hand how long THAT lasts ....
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 01:22 AM
In reply to:

Craig - you are a class act all the way around.

That's funny. He doesn't look fat in the pictures.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 01:24 AM
We have a magic camera which subtracts 100 pounds...
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 01:42 AM
Craig,

Hopefully you will see this post. First I want to say welcome back my friend.

Second, if it weren't for you, my knowledge of subwoofers would probably be about zip. Well ok, not zip, but far less that's for sure.

You're a hugh asset to any forum in which you belong, despite some of the hell you've been put through; And your presence here is invaluable in my humble opinion.

Thanks for your time, thanks for your knowledge, and thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us. I assure you, it is very well appreciated by more of us, then of those who don't.

You're a good man, and I look forward to your future tests/reviews.

Sutter
Posted By: jinhan Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 03:02 AM
Amen to that!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/07/05 03:08 AM
I agree, Sutter. Without reading Craig's numerous posts on subwoofers, I too, would know very little. I appreciate his knowledge and willingness to share. It made narrowing down my subwoofer purchase a bit easier.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/08/05 08:15 PM
This was passed along to me at work today, and with all of the insanity at AVS these days it seemed appropriate to post it here. Apologies in advance to anyone who may have seen this before...

The following is a list of instructions on how to debate on the internet.

1. Turn someone’s generality into an absolute. For example, if someone makes a general statement that Americans celebrate Christmas, point out that some people are Jewish and so anyone who thinks that ALL Americans celebrate Christmas is stupid. (Bonus points for accusing the person of being anti-Semitic.)
  2. Turn someone’s factual statements into implied preferences. For example, if someone mentions that not all Catholic priests are pedophiles, accuse the person who said it of siding with pedophiles.
  3. Turn factual statements into implied equivalents. For example, if someone says that Ghandi didn’t eat cows, accuse the person of stupidly implying that cows deserve equal billing with Gandhi.
  4. Omit key words. For example, if someone says that people can’t eat rocks, accuse the person of being stupid for suggesting that people can’t eat. Bonus points for arguing that some people CAN eat pebbles if they try hard enough.
  5. Assume the dumbest interpretation. For example, if someone says that he can run a mile in 12 minutes, assume he means it happens underwater and argue that no one can hold his breath that long.
  6. Hallucinate entirely different points. For example, if someone says apples grow on trees, accuse him of saying snakes have arms and then point out how stupid that is.
  7. Use the intellectual laziness card. For example, if someone says that ice is cold, recommend that he take graduate courses in chemistry and meteorology before jumping to stupid conclusions that display a complete ignorance of the complexity of ice.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/08/05 10:34 PM
All good points, but I would add:

8. Turn a subjective, comparative opinion into an objective, absolute fact. For example, if someone says they prefer speaker A to speaker B, accuse the person of saying speaker B is crap.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/08/05 11:05 PM
9. Never admit you are wrong, no matter how many holes have been punched in your logic. Sponges float, after all.
Posted By: RickF Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/08/05 11:46 PM
10. If rules 1-9 fails, revert to sophisticated tactics such as ... 'BLOW ME!!'
Posted By: Ajax Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/08/05 11:49 PM

Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 01:08 AM

Sutter
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 01:20 AM
So Mike, using my powers of deductive reasoning (dim as they are), can I then conclude that Craig may be a Jewish priest named Gandhi who eats pebbles underwater while icing down his snake?
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 01:38 AM

Sutter
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 02:13 AM
Ray, you can be on my debate team.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 02:54 AM
In reply to:

So Mike, using my powers of deductive reasoning (dim as they are), can I then conclude that Craig may be a Jewish priest named Gandhi who eats pebbles underwater while icing down his snake?

I'm dying! Help me! My gut hurts. I can barely type through the tears..
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 01:30 PM
And it was at precisely that point last night when I decided the only course of action was just to pour another Scotch. There was just no reply that would have been adequate.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 06:18 PM
In reply to:

OY-VE ! This is how stuff gets started. I have NEVER iced down a snake.

This is some seriously funny sh*t.
Posted By: EddyZ Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 06:39 PM
C'mon Craig.....if you are going to admit to being a Jewish Priest at least spell Oy-Ve correctly......"Oy-Vey!!"
Posted By: craigsub Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 06:50 PM
My Temple. My Rules. ... Here I am at work ...

Posted By: EddyZ Re: Reinstated at Axiom.com - 12/09/05 06:54 PM
Now I'm a little verklempt! I've got shpilcus in my connectagazoink!!
© Axiom Message Boards