Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 04:55 PM
-7 below this morning with a -15 wind chil, man I love the midwest.
-10 wind chill here this morning. Got a winter storm moving in today to top it all off as well.

Sutter
Its about 50 here in NC and Im damn cold! It was 70 on Sunday.
Sunny and cool this morning, only about 48 degrees. I need to drop off the Z at the dealer (about 60 miles) about 11am to have the LoJack installed, think it will be warm enoguh to make the trip with the top down.
We are supposed to get hit with another 6-10" of snow tonight, to sit on top of the 6" we already have. The problem is if it gets windy we are in trouble. The snow that has fallen, is the light fluffy stuff, it will be a white out...
Posted By: bray Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 05:21 PM
Spitin snow and a rather chilly 36 here in Dallas.
I'm ready for spring.
Weeeeell you'll be waiting a while Bray, winter is just begining.

Sutter
Posted By: bray Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 05:31 PM
Actually, its still 2 weeks away.
I'm ready for a good snow. The usual snow today, melt tomorrow would be nice!
Well, I look at it this way. Sure, nobody likes to freeze their a$$ off, but at least you can dress for it. In the summer, I don't give a hoot if you run around stark naked, you're still going to roast. Plus the snow is nice. Can't stand the ice, but I like the snow.

Sutter
Kansas snow must be nice. But, up here in Mini-frostbite-ota snow is not nice. The first storm almost always start out as freezing rain, turns to sleet, and evolves into snow with 35 mph winds, taking the wind chill down to about -65. They call it an Alberta clipper, I call it a white hurricaine.
In reply to:

Mini-frostbite-ota

I like that, that's good. lol

Yeah -65 would be a bit too darn cold for my bones too! lol

Sutter
I thought 60 was cold. I almost took off my shorts to put on pants. Put an extra log on the fire Randy and snuggle up with your Axiom's.
We have gas logs, ha ha.... But I'll bed sure to cuddle up to that 500 when it arrives...
Get that email yet bud? What's the estimated wait time they gave ya?

Sutter
The FO at the time was 3 wks, I placed the order with Amie early on 12/1. She said she would make sure I got it before XMas...
Posted By: Wid Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 08:18 PM
We had a wind chill of -20 this morning, it has reached a balmy 9 degrees with the wind chill of -1.Luckly we didn't get to much snow yet, just a dusting.
It is up to 9 degrees, a scorcher right now with feels like at -2. Not good for your line of work Rick? Me, I'm just sitting at my cubicle pecking away at my computer. I guess I should get back to work.. ha ha
Posted By: Wid Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 08:24 PM
Lucky for me we didn't go out, we washed trucks inside the heated shop.Come Friday we must go out no questions about it.Shouldn't be to bad though it's suppose to get up to 25
The sun is going down, the wind is starting to pick up, and it's beginning to rain even harder than the steady drizzle we've had all day.

...and the temp has dropped below 70F
SHEEIIITTT!!! You guys are living in the tropics!! Come on up for a visit! Ya wimps!!!

I bought a beautiful 10’ Christmas tree in Anchorage last weekend like I do every year, threw it in the back of the truck and drove home to Valdez (300 mile trip). The temp was between -24 and -32 F most of the way. Killed my damn tree so now I get to sweep up needles every day. Hopefully it’ll last till Christmas. It’ll be in the new year’s eve bon fire and it’ll be a torch!

Then I get to plow my driveway every night with the four wheeler when I get home from work. So far we’ve got 80” of snow since Nov 2. Our average snow fall is 350” and it’s 800” on the pass twenty miles away. Then there’s rain in-between snow storms which really makes snow removal fun. Had 8” of heavy snow fall today in the past six hours and it’s turning to rain. The forecast is calling for 8 – 12” of snow every day for the next four days.

Just another year in Alaska………not much different than last year, or the year before, and before and before……..

32 here in Austin, wind chill 20 due to NNW winds 14 mph gusting to 21 mph with light rain and the temp is steadily going down.

And this is Central Texas!

Somebody close the freezer door...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Wid Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 09:37 PM

Well Mike I knew you were a bit crazy, this just confims it
Not crazy Rick, ......nuts!!!!
Posted By: RickF Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/07/05 09:46 PM
BULLSHEEIIITTT!!! You guys are living in Antarctica!! You can keep it! Ya ESKIMOS!!!

This is PLENTY cold enough for BrotherBobs house!
What a bunch of panzes. I'll laugh if we ever have another ice age. Me, Randy, Rick (Wid), and the rest of us will be fine and dandy while those down in the tropical states will be forced to adapt to the change. lol

Sutter
I've got this theory.

I think that the immigrants who came to this country from Siberia and Scandinavia didn't stop going west until they found someplace just as miserable as the one they left, so they ended up in the midwest.

People should not live there.

btw, my folks are from Kansas, so this is a family joke. No offense intended.
Tom, it's family that's kept me here for as long as it has. Kansas bites, you roast in the summer and you freeze in the winter. It literally goes from one extreme to the other, there is no in between, but you get used to it though. Once ya do, it's not that bad. At least I know I'll do fine wherever I live.

Sutter
Iowa is worse Sutter, have you ever heard the song "Stranded in Iowa" by Mannfred Mann's Earth Band, what a classic. I was cranking up my Axiom's the other day when putting up some more trim. KGGO Classic Rock, that has been in Des Moines for over 30 years plays this song from time to time.

Stranded in Iowa
Stranded in Iowa
Better get the Breakdown squad out
Get me rolling on
'Cause I can't keep my thoughts out of sight
Get me rolling on
'Cause I need to feel the stars sleep by at night
I'm stranded all night, stranded all right

Stranded in Iowa
Stranded in Iowa
Get me rolling on
Get me rolling on

Mayday, this is Echo Hotel
Hotel Echo, this is Mike November
I can hear your call
Hotel Echo, this is Charlie Delta
I can feel the fear
[repeat to fade]

Stranded in Iowa
Stranded in Iowa
Get me rolling on
Get me rolling on
Get me rolling on
Get me rolling on

[repeat to fade]

Posted By: RickF Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/08/05 01:41 AM
In reply to:

What a bunch of panzes. I'll laugh if we ever have another ice age. Me, Randy, Rick (Wid), and the rest of us will be fine and dandy while those down in the tropical states will be forced to adapt to the change. lol

yep.

At 48 years of age I do believe the 'next coming of the ice age' isn't a top priority around my abode ... not today anyway.

Good point Rick, don't think you have anything to worry about. Whenever I'm down in your neck of the woods, I like to put on some Jimmy Buffet, enjoy the weather, and sip on whatever sounds good at the time.

Sutter
I can agree with you Sutter on the summer/winter weather in Kansas. I have relatives in Kansas, Olathe to be exact, whom I've visited many times. Sitting in the shade does no good, I still end up breaking out in a continous sweat. In winter the cold goes right through ya. Can't stay warm enough. I guess I'm spoiled by the dry climate in central California.
Please Richeydog, your killing me with that avatar, you gotta bring back the Scream chick, she is smokin hot.
Posted By: RickF Re: Brrrr, ya gotta love that arctic blast. :) - 12/08/05 01:52 AM
Oh my God Richeydog...bring the other avatar back, would you please? This one just ain't working.
Yeah I've been to Iowa many times, I know how it can get in that crazy state. lol

I was offered a wrestling scholarship with the Hawkeyes, but passed on it for a number of reasons. I make my way to Iowa at least once or twice a year. Just all depends on my schedule.

Sutter
Sorry man, not a Hawkeye fan. For wrestling I like the Iowa State Cyclones. I actually attended the University of Northern Iowa. They kicked the Hawkeyes but in basketball in the UNI Dome last night, 3rd time in a row. Once back in the late 80's when I was attending school there, again in the late 90's, and just last night. UNI isn't even in the same conference, but they play occasionally as an interstate rival....

I agree with brotherbob richeydog...
Where are you located out there man? I frequent LA and Beverly Hills quite a bit.

Sutter
Fresno, according to his profile.
He is in Fresno man, just click on his name. Sorry I'm a smarta$$ tonight... arrrrggggh
Never claimed to be one myself, just saying I was offered a scholarship there is all.

Sutter
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner. Fresno it is.

Geez, sorry for asking. lol

I don't read many profiles, I like to open the door to conversation, and directly asking a question is a good way to do just that.

Sutter
I love checking out profiles, you'll never know what you'll find.
That's true.

Sutter
In reply to:

Oh my God Richeydog...bring the other avatar back, would you please? This one just ain't working.

Sorry to have frightened you, Rick.
In reply to:

I love checking out profiles, you'll never know what you'll find

Good point!

Richeydog, that has got to be the most disturbing avatar ever!
In reply to:

Please Richeydog, your killing me with that avatar, you gotta bring back the Scream chick, she is smokin hot.

Hehe. Just want to see what your pain threshold can withstand.

© Axiom Message Boards