Axiom Home Page
Posted By: danmagicman7 Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 08:41 PM
I'd like to hear what everyone's favorite movies are to watch on their axioms. They don't have to be great movies per se, but after you are done you'll be saying, "Wow, that was AWESOME." These are the kind of movies that are great for testing out and stressing a sound system.

I'd like to add some obvious ones to the list:

Matrix Trilogy
Star Wars Series
U-571
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 09:02 PM
My fave so far is "Master and Commander." Those battle scenes are unbelievable in 5.1. Revisiting "Saving Private Ryan" was a treat as well.
Posted By: jinhan Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 09:33 PM
I only have the Axiom EP500, but my favorites are:
War of the Worlds
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
Incredibles

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 09:45 PM
I believe there have been many posts on this in the past, you might try the search, here are a few from the past somewhat related....

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=113772&page=&view=&sb=&o=

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=75820&page=&view=&sb=&o=

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=114615&page=&view=&sb=&o=
Posted By: RickF Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 09:49 PM
Randy, that reminds me. Have you heard from Nickbuol recently? I hope the job situation has improved for him.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 11:32 PM
Open Range and Master & Commander both come to mind. Great ambient effects.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/19/05 11:56 PM
Yep, he landed a managment level position with Lexmark in the Des Moines, IA market area. I'm very happy that he found something this close to Xmas. Hope he comes around soon to give us an update...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 12:03 AM
Open Range was excellent. Fantastic acting from Robert Duvall.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 12:07 AM
In reply to:

I'd like to hear what everyone's favorite movies are to watch on their axioms

YOUR axioms play video?!?! wow what model do you have? j/k
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 12:19 AM
I agree with Peter, Open Range is awesome, especially the gun fight scenes with 4 Qs8's... I had to keep looking down to see if I was shot.
Posted By: Nat Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 02:12 AM
One of my favourite Demo DVD's now is the "House of Flying Dagger". Nice movie, spectacular sound track (the chinese dolby 5.1). The entire soundtrack is very dynamic and will give your system a good workout.

My favourite scene is the "Dance of the Echo's" (Could be the Echo Dance). It is in the begining of the movie at around 3-4 chapter. That scene has loads of surround effects and is an excellent demo for what the QS8 can do.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 02:36 AM
Forgot about Kill Bill v.1. Not my favorite Tarantino film by any means, but the soundtrack was unbelievable. Superdigglyincredulously fantastic.
Posted By: austinbirdman Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 04:14 PM
Ditto on Master and Commander. I just got my QS8s and it was the first movie we watched. Frigging unbelievable -- the QS8s. What a difference after years of using old Infinity bookshelves as surrounds. I was skeptical the change would be so complete, so "plenary," to use the political word of the week. (As pundits are reminding us now with regard to W.'s war powers, plenary means "complete," "unto itself," or something along those lines.) And the movie will put any surround system to the test. It's not just surround-for-surround sake but a real part of the story, creating the claustrophobia of the ship and the enveloping sense of the battles at sea. Awesome speakers and movie.

Austinbirdman
Posted By: EddyZ Re: Great Movies to watch on Axioms - 12/20/05 04:41 PM
Batman Begins and Hero(DTS-Chinese). I haven't watched Master and Commander since getting the QS-8's, but it sounded good even with my old 2-way surrounds!
© Axiom Message Boards