Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cgolf Narnia - 01/01/06 09:04 PM
Anyone else see this yet? We loved it. Thought Lucy and the Ice Queen were the best!!!! Great special effects.
Posted By: JerryJ Re: Narnia - 01/01/06 09:17 PM
Ya
Seen it yesterday. I can hardly wait for it to come out on DVD as it will be a nice addition great Special Effects and I think some awesome sound

Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Narnia - 01/01/06 09:44 PM
I watched it but the theater sound was horrible. Every time someone said "sss" I almost had to cover my ears.

Can't wait to hear it how its meant to be heard.
Posted By: jinhan Re: Narnia - 01/02/06 09:55 PM
I loved the book, and I really wanted to see it. But given that the movie has been out for awhile, it is probably not playing in the movie theater's best rooms. I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

The same will go for King Kong. This holiday season has been extremely busy. Luckily, the DVDs will be out in a couple of months.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Narnia - 01/03/06 06:06 AM
We saw it at a theater with pretty good sound, but it was like all channels BUT the center were cranked up. Hard to hear voices, and some special effects sounds were too loud and out of place. And I LIKE it loud. Just out of balance.

My in-laws saw it at a different theater in a different town that is supposed to be THX certified (I know that it doesn't have the weight it used to being certified, but...) and they experienced a similar thing with sound being out of balance.

The movie was great, and hopefuly will be remixed for the DVD or beter yet, mixed into DTS.

Posted By: dllewel Re: Narnia - 01/03/06 04:06 PM
Saw it yesterday at a THX cert. theater. Sound was balanced. Dialog clear, and the LFE channel is not overused, so when it was it had impact. Lucy and the Ice queen were great. Powerfull movie, especially when thought of in a religious sense- Aslan representing Christ, and atoning for the sins of man.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Narnia - 01/06/06 03:19 PM
Speaking of Narnia, did anyone see the SNL short a couple weeks ago? I thought it was pretty funny. It's the story of Adam Sandberg and Chris Parnell going to see the movie at the theater.

Here's the video. If you are going to watch, make sure you can turn up the volume to hear the lyrics.

http://ravenmanor.com/scratch/SNL Chronicles of Narnia.wmv

I've got work to do now, so "I'm Ghost like Swayze"!

Posted By: snakeyes Re: Narnia - 01/07/06 06:59 PM
That was the first funny thing SNL has done in a few years.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Narnia - 01/10/06 05:29 PM
Glad you liked it. It gets stuck in your head after a couple of listens.

Can't wait for Narnia to come out on DVD for it's first showing in our theater. This clip will be shown as a teaser just before, and we'll serve Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicous.
Posted By: BruceH Re: Narnia - 01/10/06 05:51 PM
In reply to:

Saw it yesterday at a THX cert. theater.

About how long was the movie? I have not had time to look into the details but I know that the wife and I really want to see it. We'll just get the mother-in-law to babysit.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Narnia - 01/10/06 05:54 PM
It runs 2 hours 10 min. But add a good 20 minutes to that for previews and such as usual.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Narnia - 01/13/06 04:49 PM
The Wife and I haven't seen it yet; but two of our grand sons have!

It appears that the flick has enough potential merit that their school has seen fit to send a number of the fourth and fifth grade classes to the cinema to see it!!

Hmmmmm....when I went to grade school in the 50s, a field trip was just that....a trip to the field and woods across the road from the schoolyard to look for bugs for science class!! We Never went to the show!!

© Axiom Message Boards