Axiom Home Page
Posted By: littleb B&M sales or lack of? - 01/02/06 02:27 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but, back in the day, annually around January or February you could count on some pretty big discounts at B&M storefronts on audio gear. Maybe it's for lack of competition or due to internet sales, but those deals seem to have disappeared over the last five years or so. Whenever I go looking around, the prices always seem to be the same, winter, spring, summer or fall. Or maybe this is regional???
Posted By: SirQuack Re: B&M sales or lack of? - 01/02/06 02:54 PM
Sorry, what is B&M?
Posted By: jinhan Re: B&M sales or lack of? - 01/02/06 03:35 PM
Brick and Mortar store.
Posted By: Ajax Re: B&M sales or lack of? - 01/02/06 04:08 PM
which is a euphemism for a local store where you can walk in and see the merchandise, in a building which may, or may not, be made of "bricks" held together by "mortar."
Posted By: BrenR Re: B&M sales or lack of? - 01/02/06 07:48 PM
In Canada, we have the big Boxing Day (Dec 26) sales still... but as for a long term seasonal shift in pricing, that doesn't seem to happen.

And just for public information, a buddy of mine was working for a major electronics retailer over the holidays (>>) and mentioned that Home Theatre was the Holy Grail for sales guys. Bigger markups on all the HT stuff than the appliances, computers and consumer electronics - means more haggle room for consumers, though.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards