Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KaylinR Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 06:24 PM
Well after years of drooling I've finally ordered some Axioms. As I type, a pair of M60's and a VP150 are on a FedEx truck out for delivery. I'm not sure how much longer I can stand it!

These will be replacing some old Radio Shack Mach Ones, and regretably, powered by a POS Sony 5.1 HTIB reciever. I'm hoping to pick up a H/K 7300 in a couple weeks, that should help huh?

I'm not going to screw up my new speakers with that super cheapo sony am I? I'm guessing I just need to restrain myself and keep the volume down to avoid clipping?

First post in a really really long time, good to be back, even better to actually own some axioms!
Posted By: KaylinR Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 07:48 PM
They're here!!!!!!!!!!!!! boxes look to be in great shape, I'm so glad Little Rock is close to Memphis, they got here unbelievably quick (fedex tracking says they arrived in memphis after midnight this morning)

Okay, I'm off to play!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 07:54 PM
Congrats and have fun with the new toys !!
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 08:53 PM
You should be fine with that receiver. You can't kill speakers with low power.

You will be surprised how loud you can play axioms even on low watt ratings.

Edit: Depending on the quality of your receiver, sound may sound a bit muffled and stuff. However, everything should sound MUCH better with axoims.
Posted By: Wid Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 09:02 PM

In reply to:

You can't kill speakers with low power.

You can if fact "kill" your speakers far more easy with low power than you can with a high power amp, clipping an amp will ruin tweeters in short order.
Posted By: KaylinR Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 09:13 PM
Thats what I was afraid of!

I really want to turn it up, they sound so good.
Posted By: Wid Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/05/06 09:37 PM

I wouldn't worry to much with using the Sony receiver. I'm sure it can push the M60s to quite loud levels before it will give out. Just keep an ear on it, if you hear anything out of the ordinary turn it down right away.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Waiting on FedEx - 01/06/06 12:55 AM
Congrats on the speakers. Reviews and Pics please.
© Axiom Message Boards