Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NeverHappy XP Pro64 - 01/24/06 11:20 PM
I don't think I mentioned this before but about a month ago I built myself a new computer. AMD 64-4000+ cpu, ASUS board............basically the whole k bang.

I'm now just in the process of reformatting the entire system after XP Pro64 had a fatal crash that I simply could not recover from. Safe Boot would not work, recovery didn't work everything I tried failed. So I got mad and I'm now ditching XP Pro 64bit and going back to XP Pro 32bit. It was fun but I found it way to buggy and nothing seems to be compatible with it. I GAVE UP!

Anybody else running it? When it works it seems to work well but the lack of compatibility with everything and anything was my biggest problem in the end.

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: XP Pro64 - 01/25/06 01:08 AM
Does anybody have a copy of XP Pro they would like to sell? Long story but I can't seem to find my product key. Without it I'm at a stand still on my re-install.

grumbles profanity about Bill Gates....................
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: XP Pro64 - 01/25/06 04:12 AM
Never mind. I ended up putting in XP Home only because I had a new cd with serial here.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: XP Pro64 - 01/25/06 04:19 AM
Not that it would have been legal to give you a copy anyway.
Posted By: Wegiz Re: XP Pro64 - 01/25/06 04:21 AM
I hear you, NeverHappy. I've purchased two copies of XP Pro for my current machine. I bought the first one when I built it, and then of course when the HD crashed I couldn't find the key anywhere so I bought a second. Oh well, my fault I guess for having poor organizational skills.

Glad to hear your back on the road to recovery though. Good luck!
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: XP Pro64 - 01/25/06 04:22 AM
Which is why I asked to buy it. I would not want to rob Bill of his money. How would he eat?
© Axiom Message Boards