Axiom Home Page
Posted By: kjs Greetings to all - 02/10/06 08:15 PM
Hello Axiomites! I have been away for sometime (almost a year) and am now back home in the USA. I have truly missed reading and posting to this site. We have recently moved into a new home with a dedicated theater room. The M22's, VP100 and QS 8's sound absolutely wonderful. I hope that all have been doing well. I look forward to being able to visit the message board on a regular basis now.

By the way, anybody have a recommendation on a DLP video projector in the $1500 - $2000 range? Optoma, InFocus, BenQ, Panasonic???
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Greetings to all - 02/10/06 08:27 PM
Welcome back; Kelly!!

Just about time to join back in!!
Rich.

(Sigh)alas, all my projectors are crts in the back of a 300lb box
Posted By: Wid Re: Greetings to all - 02/10/06 09:33 PM

You sure do have some catching up to do.

Welcome back.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Greetings to all - 02/10/06 10:10 PM
Welcome back Kelly, both the Z4 and PT-AE900U are very popular right now with good prices. Lots of info at the link below.

LINK
Posted By: kjs Re: Greetings to all - 02/11/06 02:44 AM
Great to be back and thanks for the projector recommendations.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Greetings to all - 02/11/06 03:18 AM
Glad to have you back, Kelly! If you haven't read Alan's report from the CES in the latest newsletter , note his enthusiastic report on the new Optoma HD72 which is said to begin to ship the end of this month for $1,999, although the list price is shown as $2,999.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Greetings to all - 02/11/06 01:48 PM
Although the projectors Dennis mentioned are LCD based, and you asked about DLP, I would highly recommend you consider LCD as well. The LCD's of today are starting to match DLP's in terms of contrast and other categories. Also, before you buy a projector, make sure you don't suffer from Rainbows on DLP's, if you do, you'll hate them. I would recommend you spend some time on http://www.projectorcentral.com to read about the various technologies and read reviews on suggested HT projectors.

I love my Z2

Randy

Posted By: kjs Re: Greetings to all - 02/13/06 01:14 AM
All - thanks for the info and I will definitely check out the projectors that you guys mentioned.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Greetings to all - 02/13/06 01:37 AM
Reason for mentioning the LCD projectors is that my preference was/is the DLP, and at the present in my opinion, there is not that may under the $2k with great reviews. After Alan's report of the HD72, I was back to the DLP for choice, but for other reasons on the horizon, I have put off the projector for a few more months to see what is available. Things change to fast and not going to jump without knowing where I will land. lol
© Axiom Message Boards