Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 03:41 AM
Just earlier today I was posting in a BluRay/HD-DVD thread that I will not buy any Star Wars movie until I can get it in hi-def. I have the original trilogy on VHS just so people know I am a fan, but I haven't seen that in YEARS...

Anyway, I broke my law... I got a tip today about a video store going out of business about 30 minutes away from where I live. I took a trip and drove over. Lo and behold they had a copy of all 6 of the DVDs in boxes. I looked at the discs, and they looked very close to new. So I grabbed all 6 for $15 total!!!! Can't pass that up. They were asking $3 a piece, but I said that I would take all 6 for $15 and the kid that was manning the cash register said, "Uh, OK." Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the "extras" discs or anything, but who cares. I'll get those on my $215 boxed dual-trilogy hi-def set in the year 2010.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 03:47 AM
When you get a deal like that, sometimes you gotta break the rules
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 05:12 AM
Nick, your sock monkey is staring at me.

I'm very uncomfortable.
Posted By: richeydog Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 06:20 AM
Good thing that is the only law you broke. I was beginning to think you had watched a chick flick or something.

Posted By: blackorp Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 08:11 AM
shoot, you beat me to it. I am getting the silver box set (episode 5,6,7,bonus) for around $40 on ebay (include shipping). Too bad none of my local video stores ever go out of business. Where do you guys live
They have...an episode...SEVEN? What did I miss!!!

Posted By: nickbuol Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 02:14 PM
Sirquack and I are near Des Moines, Iowa.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 02:26 PM
In response to:

Poster: St_PatGuy
Subject: Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater

Nick, your sock monkey is staring at me.

I'm very uncomfortable.
--------------------------------------------------------
[evil laugh] Muuuuhaahaahaa [/evil laugh]... [wrenching hands] My sinister plan is working... [/wrenching hands]

Posted By: SirQuack Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 02:54 PM
And you didn't call me to go with you man.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I broke the 1st law of my home theater - 03/01/06 04:16 PM
Sorry, it was a last minute thought, and I was already heading that way. They were getting picked over pretty quickly yesterday.
© Axiom Message Boards