Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gkarf My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 04:55 PM
First, let me state that the only reason I'm telling this is because of the state of euphoria I'm in knowing the M-60's are in route. Secondly, I'm glad I didn't bring this question up on the ask experts board. I bought a new cd/dvd player. I just removed the old player, put the new one in without changing any connections on my Denon receiver. I had component connections and a s-video ,component to the receiver, s-video directly to the TV. Left the s-video unconnected as I thought it would not be needed. Turned it on, could not get any picture on any video "channels". Hooked up the s-video, got a picture on video #1. Hmmm, still no component. Supposedly hooked into video #4. Checked all connections, can't be that tough, can it??? Out from dvd, into receiver,out of receiver into tv... All seemed tight, what the heck...??? After restraining myself from asking the question here, scratching my head for 30 minutes, Eureka, how about trying it with receivers power on!!!! I hate getting old... Guy
Posted By: bugbitten Re: My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 05:54 PM
ROTFLMAO!

I'm laughing with you!

Sounds just like me!
Posted By: bray Re: My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 07:06 PM
I'm laughing AT you.

Only while I still can.
Posted By: Ajax Re: My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 07:18 PM
LOL! Been there; done that!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 07:23 PM
I feel like I'm getting there too, throw in some excitement and a simple task and all goes awry
Posted By: Ray3 Re: My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 11:17 PM
Am there; doing it! Errr, what were we talking about?
Posted By: littleb Re: My latest senior moment.... - 03/05/06 11:37 PM
I'm pleading the 5th. From my own experience, I question whether this has anything to do with age. If my memory serves me right, I have been doing this kind of stuff for years.
© Axiom Message Boards