Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:19 PM
So I get up today, and I'm a year older... I'm a bit bummed every time the world's processor calls AGE = AGE + 1.

The calls come in, a lot of people cracking jokes and offers for beer and supper. One of the guys from Ross Video calls (one of the switcher techs) and says he's in from Toronto and suggests we go out, not business related, but just as friends. Makes me feel a bit better about things.

One call from a very close friend to tell me Happy Birthday, and by the way, she has cancer of the girl bits. Bummer.

Then my Fat Wreck package comes in the mail. Someone's opened my Lagwagon CD... grr, I don't even get a shrink-wrapped CD?

... find out it's open because Joey and the boys signed it.

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:31 PM
Happy birthday Bren. (I totally forgot to make you a birthday post like you asked me to last week in that desperate PM.)

just kidding folks.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:32 PM
Oh good! I get you be the first one to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!...even if it's been an odd one. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Have a great day...what's left of it. So, are you going to let us know how old you are?
Posted By: James_T Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:32 PM
Happy AGE+1 day!!!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:33 PM
Oh, shoot! I *thought* I was the first one. You beat me to it!
Posted By: BrenR Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:38 PM
Peter: The PM wasn't desperate. The voicemail, email, letter, and telegraph might have been.

SonicFox: I'm 00100000 in binary.

Bren R.
Posted By: littleb Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:43 PM
Happy birthday, youngster.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:44 PM
Happy birthday, o man who is 3 years older than I.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:57 PM
Happy birthday Bren !
Posted By: Ajax Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 08:59 PM

Posted By: FordPrefect Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:08 PM

Happy Birthday Bren!
I'll drink to your health tonight.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:10 PM
HA!HA! I have waiting for Jack's greeting...I just KNEW he would put up some type of animated thing!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:14 PM
Happy Birthday Bren! May your Time Code forever stay locked at 29.97.

Ummm, too late, huh?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:28 PM
Odd by your standards? Harumph.

Happy Birthday, Bren.
Posted By: EddyZ Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:43 PM
Happy "Closer to old fart by another year" day!!

Less than one month for me......
Posted By: SirQuack Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:50 PM
Happy B'day big guy.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: One odd day. - 03/08/06 09:51 PM
"I didn't get a hurumph outta that guy!"

Happy birthday Bren!! Don't get down, you still gotta looooonnnnngggg way to go to catch up to Jack.
Posted By: Wid Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 01:09 AM

Another Happy Birthday wish to ya Bren.
Posted By: JohnK Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 01:21 AM
Happy Birthday, Bren!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 01:53 AM
It was worthwhile to get back into this stuff just to be able to wish you a Happy B-Day!

You can't see it, but its on the way and it will be here much sooner than you think. Of course, not long after it gets here, you forget it showed up anyhow. Some advice - go take pictures of your teeth while you still have all of them.
Posted By: Wid Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 02:10 AM

In reply to:

Some advice - go take pictures of your teeth while you still have all of them.

Seeing Bren is a hockey player it might already be to late

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 02:14 AM
Happy Birthday, Bren!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 02:56 AM
Yes!! Happy Birthday, Bren!!

And take heart!

Just to be sure that you don't forget what a B-day is; each year they DO come along even faster than the previous anniversary!

Kinda like gravity: The closer two masses get, the faster the acceleration.

Birthdays come faster and faster the closer one gets to....

Something to look foreward to!!

Have a cheerfull and happy Birthday!!
Rich.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 04:08 AM
The other day he went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.
Posted By: BrenR Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 05:34 AM
Thanks for all the wishes... was a quiet one, went to pick up some social tix to a social for the singer from one of the bands I work with, on my way back to the office, got a call from the tech from Ross... he wasn't heading back to T.O. until 8, so we stopped for a beer (Coke for me - grr, vehicular probation!) shot the poop for a while, a few suggestions for possible career changes were made and turned down... came home, ordered a pizza and watched Walk the Line with Lis.

Bren R.
Posted By: medic8r Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 01:45 PM
Happy Birthday! I liked the binary quip - in binary, I'm 101 years your elder! Hope the day after treats you well also...
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 03:46 PM
happy belated B-Day Bren, sorry to have missed all the fun!

It's funny how your b-day celebrations change as you get older, I find myself somewhat dissapointed when my birthday "celebrations" get less interesting. I think last year was the first time i didn't go out on the town with 5 or 10 friends and get "loaded." Just dinner and a bottle of wine with some close friends. Seems sad somehow.

What did you think of Walk the Line?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 05:01 PM
In reply to:

Just dinner and a bottle of wine with some close friends. Seems sad somehow

Not sad here! Sat down around the table Tuesday night for BD with my closest friends. They are family to me. Made me think about how much I love them all and how blessed I am.
Posted By: LT61 Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 05:21 PM
Sorry this is late..........(plus, no animation)....but,
Happy birthday, eh?
Posted By: BrenR Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 07:21 PM
In reply to:

What did you think of Walk the Line?

It was good, probably worth another watch (I hope so, I bought it for Lis)... oddly, I believed Reese Witherspoon as June Carter easier than I believed Joachim Phoenix as Johnny.

They had a great story to begin with... I think they could have cut half an hour out of the movie with the gratuitous stage per-faux-mances, though. "Okay, Joachim... now do the neck lift, curl your lip, turn away from the mic"

I guess I just think you have to be really careful doing the story of a man's life who was so much bigger than life. If you can't be the man in black, you're just going to look like you're air-banding to his songs.

Bren R.
Posted By: BruceH Re: One odd day. - 03/09/06 10:37 PM
That's what I get for not reading the boards every day. Missed it. Another Happy Belated Birthday! My gift would have been a four-pack of wiper fluid anyways...
© Axiom Message Boards