Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 05:34 PM
Between a 2007 Mecedes-Benz S550 and a turntable...
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 05:44 PM
yeah but no one hand delivers your benz.

What the heck does it mean that it's "created in 3 dimensions"? Is everything else created in a cartoon 2d world? For that price, you'd think they'd come up w/ some better marketing fluff...
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 05:51 PM
For that price it better make the music sound better than the actual recording. I'll take the Mercedes.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 06:14 PM
Of course it does! How could you miss that warmth, that soul, that sheer musicality of a piece of metal grinding into a thin slice of vinyl? Are you deef?!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 06:24 PM
I'd take a VW and a bunch of new Axiom audio equipment.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 06:28 PM
Pick up the S550 first, that way you have a great ride to return the turntable when it needs repair.
Posted By: Gkarf Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 07:30 PM
I felt unworthy just clicking on the turntable link! It was like someone KNOWS I have no business being on that site. Guy
Posted By: BrenR Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/14/06 07:50 PM
Gkarf - you felt unworthy? I think I made the link feel unworthy... like those performance artists surrounded by finger snapping beatniks whose poetry consists of yelling "hate! hate! hate!" while pounding their fists against a wall... as long as they're surounded by their peers, they feel intelligent and meaningful... the second someone walks by and says "I saw a special needs kid doing that at the Y last week", they feel like a tool.

I think I made that manufacturer feel like a tool by clicking the link.

Bren R.
Posted By: neb Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/15/06 12:46 AM
Can you 'upgrade' your sound sytem in the benz to the turntable?

Neb
Posted By: JohnK Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/15/06 04:18 AM
Peter, Ken is right on target. The sound with the turntable will definitely be "warmer" than the "digital harshness" that would be experienced with the audio system in the Benz. For an audiophile the correct choice is clear.
Posted By: INANE Re: I'm having trouble deciding - 03/15/06 04:27 AM
Now if someone made a $100k Tape Deck!
© Axiom Message Boards