Axiom Home Page
Posted By: littleb Wi fi, anyone? - 03/22/06 09:32 PM
I am currently using a cable broadband connection. One of my kids, who no longer lives at home, known here as blown302, talked me into signing up for this. He said he needed it for playing games. I'm paying like $60/month just to read email/news/and to browse message boards. Lately, 2 companies in my area are offering Wireless at less than half the cost of cable. I'm considering both. One is gomoorhead.com and the other is i29.net. Go Moorhead is part of the local utility company, while the other is associated with the local newspaper. Should I take a chance on one of these or is dial-up once again in my future.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Wi fi, anyone? - 03/22/06 10:55 PM
If you are satisfied with 1M download speed (and truly get it), you'll probably be satisfied. Go test it out with a download/upload of a photo or similar file.

We use 3M and it isn't fast enough. We're supposed to get 6M sometime this year. It will be $65 per month. We have 3 heavy users at my house. Lots of downloads.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Wi fi, anyone? - 03/23/06 01:28 AM
DSL is becoming very cheap these days. $30 ish.

$60 is really expensive to be paying for internet.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Wi fi, anyone? - 03/23/06 01:42 AM
Only if you have a decent choice, I have a choice of dialup or satellite at 59.00 a month, no way I would ever go back to dialup so 59.00 a month is it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Wi fi, anyone? - 03/23/06 01:46 AM
I agree Dan, I have DSL 1.5MB package with Qwest. It comes with a G wireless router to connect to my other pcs.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Wi fi, anyone? - 03/23/06 03:41 PM
One nice thing about city wide wifi is just that you can use it anywhere. Nice for laptop use.
© Axiom Message Boards