Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LT61 Thank you for the FREE EPIC 80/600 system!!!! - 04/01/06 02:23 PM
I can't believe it!
Friday, when I got home from work, the Fed Ex truck came pulling up to my house with a delivery.
Before I could ask what he had, (I have not ordered anything of late) I saw the first Axiom box.......then another, and another, etc.

When it was all said and done......there before me was a brand spankin' new Epic 80/600 home theater system! ( I never have had a full, home theater system yet, let alone one with a 600 sub!!!!)
After checking to see if there was some kind of error, I QUICKLY DISCOVERED IT WAS REALLY ALL MINE!

Now, to make a long story short.....I opened all the boxes, (also to see if this was an elaborate hoax) to find out who sent this fantastic gift to me.
This only gets better....the Epic 80 system is done in the new real wood veneer! (classic oak)

I found no clue inside as to who sent this to me, but the speakers all had small, gold plates on the back saying:
"custom made for LT61, PROTOTYPE finish".
I even found enclosed, all the Axiom cables I'll need to hook it up.............. (I will have to go to Home Depot to get the speaker wire though).

I really hesitated posting this, ( some here I think, can be a wee bit envious) but,....deep down, I know you all will be happy for me, AND I wanted not only to thank who, (or whom ever) did this selfless, wonderful gesture....AND to SHARE my thrill, and joy, over this gift of a lifetime!

Again, many, many, thanks to any, and all involved!

I WILL POST AGAIN, (even though I have very limited access to the forum lately) when I get everthing set up, and give 'er a whirl.

LT61
Ummmmm April Fools?

However, if it is true, I am jealous. WoW!

These things never happen to me, I must be in with the wrong crowd. If it does turn out to be Axiom that sent them to you, I don't know, I almost would have not said anything for Axioms sake, but that is just me.

Congrats.
This has got to be an April Fool's joke. It just has to be. Congrats, either way.
It's wonderful how April Fools now means 'Post a lie on the internet day'. Well at least it will give me something to read at work.
Guys, as some of you may know, I don't have a computer yet, I was so excited, I drove down to the local library to use theirs.

PAUSE......sorry, I have begun to tear up again.

Anyway, why me?....................I just don't know.
I just HAD to try to thank those who have done this, in the only way I know how....(on the forum).

Also, I'm NOT going to "look a gift horse in the mouth" (as they say)
Come to think about it,.....I DO remember a while back, reading here something similar to this happening before......I just don't remember the details.

I keep going to leave..(man these libraries are LOUD these days) but, I tear up.

Anyway, I have to get back to the house......lots to do!

Many, many, thanks to all, again.

LT61

Pics?
He doesn't have a computer Richey.
In reply to:

...the speakers all had small, gold plates on the back saying: "custom made for LT61....

That's strange! The ones I received said "custom made for pmbuko." Oh well. Nobody'll see the backs anyway.
Shucks, all I got was a new Ford GT with a nice card from Dennis (Tharkun) saying "Hope Viginia is treating you well. Enjoy your new toy."
I did get an Oppo unit yesterday, was that from you ??
The thing is Jack, you actually have gotten free speakers. You must be living right.
In reply to:

Shucks, all I got was a new Ford GT with a nice card from Dennis (Tharkun) saying "Hope Viginia is treating you well. Enjoy your new toy.

Peter just because he buys you a fancy car does not give him the right ask about what you do with your wife's private parts.
lol -- oops
April 1 is here again....:-)
I thought MAYBE, for a while, I really had some of you going there.....(especially after the PM's from John K., offering to fly in and help me with set up, calibration, AND throw in a roll of brown lamp cord...all pro-bono!)

Hard to believe JohnK fell for it... about the 3rd line down I thought.."oh yeah...today's date."

Awfully nice of you tho John!

The WHOLE thing was a gag.......the system, the trip to the library, and the John K. part.

Figures...I fell for it...
Don't feel too bad, I fell it for it too. Then again, I'm pretty gullible.
Me too

Not for one moment did I fall for this one.
Ditto...only because I already fell for one on the rocket forum earlier in the day.
© Axiom Message Boards