Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mjwilli Speaker setup - 04/14/06 02:53 AM
All:
we are getting ready to finish the new home. My living room is an open floor plan. I have M60, am getting a 350 sub, but am in a quandry for surrounds. i have a pair of older speakers I can use for now, but want something a bit better. Since it is an open floor plan I was thinking that it would be best to mount them from the ceiling, but I am not sure. Has anyone had any experience with the newer W3, W22, vs. the QS-4, QS-8? How well do the QS-4 and QS-8 work in a open floor plan? Should I just get regular floor stands in an open floor plan? Any help is appreciated.

Posted By: kingaljr Re: Speaker setup - 04/14/06 10:50 AM
Don't know about the w3's but I run the m60's and the 350 in a 14 by 22 room with m3's as surrounds.I had them on stands oposit the 60's and it worked great.I eventually went with the fmb's and wall mounted them about 8ft high just to clear space and I really enjoy them now.Sometimes I shut everything down but the m3's and just go with them.Keep in mind I am mostly into music though,hope that helped.
Al
Posted By: ratpack Re: Speaker setup - 04/14/06 02:17 PM
I have QS8s with floor stands in a room that is about 20' by 24'. Actually the room is wider than 20', probably closer to 32' but we don't watch TV from over there.

The QS8s work great.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: Speaker setup - 04/14/06 02:27 PM
Post a pic of the room if you can. I would suggest QS8's from the side walls but I would need to see a room layout to make a better suggestion.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speaker setup - 04/14/06 03:21 PM
My HT is part of a 30ft x 30ft room that is all open, I have 4 Qs8's hanging from the ceiling, 3 of them do not have walls behind them, and they sound great.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker setup - 04/14/06 06:15 PM
From my listening position one QS8 is 5 feet away and the other 20 feet.

Calibrated, they sound just fine.
Posted By: mjwilli Re: Speaker setup - 04/15/06 06:12 PM
I don't have a web site, and from what i read that is the only way to post a picture. If there is another way please let me know.

Posted By: mjwilli Re: Speaker setup - 04/15/06 06:19 PM
My family room is going to be 15x22

Posted By: richeydog Re: Speaker setup - 04/15/06 06:40 PM
In reply to:

I don't have a web site, and from what i read that is the only way to post a picture. If there is another way please let me know.

© Axiom Message Boards