Axiom Home Page
Posted By: yalej era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 12:26 AM
I'm considering a era Design4 setup (L,R,C) and a B&W subwoofer. Undecided on surrounds. Anyone ever hear these and can compare with Axioms? Axiom is just a real sweet deal, but I heard the era's today and they sound amazing.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 03:15 AM
I've never heard the Era Design 4, but they certainly have some good reviews. What Axiom's are you considering, and are you doing a bookshelf system?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 12:10 PM
Check the "Hearing Things" thread for any users near your or PM Aime to see if there is an unlisted user she can connect you with.
Posted By: ratpack Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 12:31 PM
Lots of factors may enter into an audition. Tough to sort them all out.
Posted By: yalej Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 02:03 PM
I'm considering the Grand Master system, but with QS4's instead of QS8's. L+R are going to be bookshelves on a stand.

And you're right, I think their environment is set up for for their speakers, so who knows.

I may just get Axiom's, then I have all matching components.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 04:02 PM
The drivers in the QS8s match up perfectly with Axioms bookshelves giving a little larger frequency range than the 4s.

Which GM are you considering?
Posted By: yalej Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/16/06 11:25 PM
Considering: VP100, EP175, M22's and QS4. Is it really worth it to go up to the QS8's?

Posted By: rcvecc Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/17/06 12:00 AM
yalej-if you are in new haven at yale,i am 10 minutes away with m80s,if you would like to see their product
Posted By: yalej Re: era design 4 setup vs. axiom - 04/17/06 06:26 PM
Thanks for the offer. I *used* to go to Yale, but I'm living in NC now. I did see some people who have systems for audition in the Raleigh area...maybe I should do that.

© Axiom Message Boards