Axiom Home Page
Posted By: magawake Speaker standsize - 04/16/06 04:01 PM
Hi

I have M22tiand VP150. My question is, what should the correct size of the speaker stand be? I am currently using a 30" speaker stand, and I feel thats kind of high.

I just read this artice: http://www.axiomaudio.com/tips_stands_for_speakers.html

and it seems it should not matter....however, I sit about 6-8 feet from the speakers....

any advice? should I saw off 6-10" inches off my stands?

Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker standsize - 04/16/06 04:03 PM
Link
Posted By: magawake Re: Speaker standsize - 04/16/06 04:06 PM
"Consequently I like the soundstage even with or a bit higher, and 24-inch stands accomplish this."

Is 30" too high?

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Speaker standsize - 04/16/06 04:15 PM
Magawake, try using some alternate sources for stands, i.e. chairs, barstools, crates, that are shorter than your current stands and see how the speakers sound. You can adjust the height with books or boxes to see if you notice any difference in sound. A few weeks ago I picked up some 17" barstools from Ikea for 10 bucks apiece. Figured they'd make some fine temporary stands until I found something else.

Posted By: bugbitten Re: Speaker standsize - 04/16/06 04:35 PM
If you are within 30 degrees of tweeter center you should be okay. This is for both center and mains. You may have to tilt the center down if above the tv or up if below.
© Axiom Message Boards