Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gsny Earthquake Cinenova Power Amplifier - 04/21/06 09:21 PM
What do you guys think about the captioned amp. Right now I am using the marantz mm9000 but having a feeling that my m80 will feel more at home when mate with the Earthquake amp.

Posted By: HomeDad Re: Earthquake Cinenova Power Amplifier - 04/21/06 09:24 PM
Thats a monster of an amp, I'm sure you will get mixed comments on this subject, I prefer the 80's with an amp, but thats just my opinion.
Posted By: BruceH Re: Earthquake Cinenova Power Amplifier - 04/21/06 09:44 PM
I still think that the Marantz MM9000 is a better more refined quality amplifier. However, if you need more power for higher SPL then you need more power.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Earthquake Cinenova Power Amplifier - 04/22/06 07:06 AM
let me know how your mm9000 holds up to the 80’s that is a possiblity of mine in the future.. also remember you could get another mm9000 for abut 600$ and bi amp the 80’s just use 4 channels on one of the mm9000’s

i would also say not to forget ati amps. they are solid amps as well

Posted By: BruceH Re: Earthquake Cinenova Power Amplifier - 04/25/06 09:14 PM
I get the impression you are looking for support on making the purchase. It is a decent amp. It is a BIG amp. Do you have that much space to fill with sound? If you want it, you might as well buy it. It is not a bad amp. It will definitely stay cool for you and will sound great. What else have you looked at? Do you just want that much power for the philosophy of "bigger is better"?
© Axiom Message Boards